Much of the exhibition involved participation, inviting visitors to take time out and relax, have a bit of fun, or to contribute one of their own sketches to the wall of life-drawings. These having been created from a huge naked humanoid male model, himself one of Shrigley's creations. If you are planning to visit then please don't read this next sentence as it will spoil it for you! As I was drawing him, I noticed that he was blinking. He had these amazing big blue eyes and long eye lashes. He looked so funny that it made me giggle. A few chairs along a small girl was also drawing him.
I wish that I could show you a photograph of him, however anyone taking photographs was asked to sign a form saying that we would not reproduce the images. Sad really. However I managed to find a photograph someone else has posted here....
..................and here is my effort at drawing him, though the photographs are not very clear.
He was so big I couldn't fit all of his bits on my paper - blush.
I only stumbled upon David Shrigley's exhibition by accident. I am so glad I did. Much fun was had.
I ended the day with a look at The First Cut, an exhibition of paper sculptures, some of them huge and dramatic, some tiny and delicate. This magical forest was one of my favourites. I loved the way the paper leaves were moving and cast shadows on the floor.
![]() |
| The Wonder Forest by Manbu Hangai |
![]() |
| The leaves are made of seaweed and smell of the ocean. |





I love the forest! It looks like fun taking a walk through it especially as I love the smell of the ocean. Happy weekend to you. xx
ReplyDeleteYou too Penny. I will be catching up with you during the week. It's been a busy weekend. xx
DeleteYes, I went to a Shrigley exhibition in London earlier this year and really enjoyed it...
ReplyDeletehttp://solitary-walker.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/goode-mad-and-shrigley-cultural.html
I will have to have a look when I get home from work tomorrow. I am certainly a fan now.
DeleteOOoooo. We're going to Manchester at the end of the month. I think they might end up on our agenda. (Turing, definitely. The paper cutting one looks good too.)
ReplyDeleteThere are some great exhibitions on there at the moment. Lots to see and do.
Delete