| Banana Split - Nice October 2012 |
I never really liked ice-cream as a child, and then growing up, it is something I only enjoyed on rare occasions. I do remember however, after Sunday afternoon swimming, we always used to visit a nearby cafe, where in summer we would choose an ice-cream from the assorted flavours on offer, and in winter we would have a hot chocolate.
Mr S however, he loves ice-cream, as you can see from this huge Banana Split I bought him on our last afternoon in Nice last year.
What's the change you ask? Well it was a change to get so excited over the ice-cream van coming, and to eat ice-cream together on an October afternoon. Just doing something spontaneous and silly is a change, especially whilst we have all this worry about his job hanging over us. I suppose we should be looking after our loose change instead of spending it. Another change that will come from all this is that we are more careful about our spending, but in doing so we will also also make sure we continue to enjoy the little things!
It's National Poetry Day today. Whilst the theme of the day for this year is "Stars", I've decided instead, to be different and to share a new to me poem about ice-cream. It is made up of a list of 28 funny flavours. It's called Bleezer's Ice Cream by Jack Prelutsky. Enjoy!
Whilst enjoying the ice-cream I cannot help but remember how lucky we are to be able to splurge £3 on two ice-creams, just like that. Here is a poem for National Poetry Day about the work of Action Aid.
Is there something spontaneous and silly, that you haven't done for the longest time? Why not revisit something from childhood that you enjoyed doing? Why not just say yes to something that you would usually frown and say no to?
We don't have ice cream trucks in my city. I wish we did! I would love to get a banana split like the one in your photo ;-)
ReplyDeleteThe van doesn't sell Banana splits Penny. Perhaps you could make one at home? That one was in France last year. Naughty but nice.
DeleteMmmm. Banana split. I'm having to avoid ice cream at the moment because of my recent health problems. But I promise myself I'll have one, once I'm sorted out.
ReplyDeleteYes AJ. Hope you are feeling better. An ice-cream won't hurt once you are on the mend. Everything in moderation so they say, is good for you. xx
Delete