Tuesday, 16 October 2012

New Day - Day 16 of 31 Days of Change


This was the sky that greeted me yesterday, as I drove to work along the coast road.

Beautiful blue, with a few clouds and if you have keen eyes, a glorious rainbow just able to be seen far out in the distance.

I was lucky enough to spot the rainbow, so I stopped the car, got out to take a few photos and to breathe in all of that blue magic, before the start of another week.

As you might remember, my camera is now kaput and definitely cannot be mended; so I took this with the camera on my new phone. Not bad eh? 

Today I am struggling a little bit for the first time in a few weeks. I've been feeling so much better and getting stronger everyday. This is very much helped my seeing my son recover too. Whilst Mr S is finding it hard to be out of work of course, and this is a worry, we are both trying to stay optimistic about the future.

Today feels like a bit of a set back that's all. However due to having had a few nights with broken sleep, this means the despair and bad feelings can set in quite quickly. It's something to be aware of and that awareness helps me keep perspective.Yesterday's glorious morning sky has stayed with me through this grey Tuesday. I know that I now have a new way of dealing with the grey days. I accept their arrival, and know that they will not last forever, sometimes there is even a rainbow on a grey day too.

So to help me through this grey Tuesday, I reflected on how the 31 days of change has been inspiring me to start everyday as if it were a new adventure. What change do I want make today? What is something I wish to hold close and savour about my life? What do I want to take forward with me? What do I want to leave behind?

Like the blue sky and the far off rainbow, this challenge has been filling me with a new sense of energy, and keeping me determined to look only forward now. 

 Thank you for your visits and encouragement as always. I hope that you too are able to find that which you need in each new day.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift - a rainbow - on the day you are feeling challenged. I tend to have my worst days when I am not rested. Given I have sleep issues, I'm always operating under par. I often wonder what I'd do at full throttle, lol, but then we can't have it all. We can however make the best of what we have. I see you are doing that and I'm happy you are going forward with renewed energy. Hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am trying Penny. x

      Delete
    2. I think you are doing a wonderful job, Jan. Hugs. xx

      Delete