Sunday, 7 October 2012

Walking with my baby - Day 7 of 31 days of change

I managed to drag Mr S along on a walk today. He's not doing so well this week, as he was rejected for three jobs he applied for. I can't remember the last time he got out somewhere beautiful and just breathed in the fresh air and quiet.

October 7th 2012 - High Sweden, Ambleside
High Sweden Bridge - Ambleside Oct 7th 2012
Looking back towards Windermere - Oct 7th 2012
 So today I insisted he came with me up to the Lake District, where we took a walk together.

Out walking - October 7th 2012
 I love walking as you know, whereas Mr S, he's not that keen. I think it did him the world of good, plus it was about time we spent some time together which isn't to do with work, family issues or money! One thing I am determined to change starting today, is that we make the time to do something together at least once a month.

Waiting impatiently - Oct 7th 2012

6 comments:

  1. Oh good for you. We went out to enjoy the sun and came home with a baby hedghog that I rescued. (She's now at the wildlife hospital) I think the sun did us both good. I'm sure it will have helped you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it certainly did. We both slept much more soundly for it. I saw the picture of your hoggy friend on your blog. That's such a lovely story.

      Delete
  2. that sounds like an excellent commitment to doing something together once a month. so often it is that little nudge we have to give one another that makes all the difference in the world. the scenery is breathtaking! i can see the beauty that must have made a difference. i am sending positive thoughts over to you on the job front. i know how discouraging that can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jojo. It was beautiful and made all of the difference. I thought of you and your mister as I wrote. xx

      Delete
  3. What beautiful pictures... this is the area that surrounds your house? wow... gorgeous and you are right it will do Mr. S a world of good... I sure hope that something good will turn up soon...My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana for your thoughts and prayers. This countryside is about a two hour drive away from our house. We are in a built up area but luckily have the sea and coast nearby - 20 mins walk so does not feel so bad. xx

      Delete