Especially at work. And especially with changes that are forced upon us in our everyday life.
I am working on embracing change this month.
That means that whilst I am welcoming some changes, I am learning to accept others.
I have been welcoming and accepting constant change at work, for a long time now. Changes in where I work, how I work, then not having a job last year.
Now working for a new company for just over a year, I find that before I have had even time to settle into a way of working, there have been constant changes here too. Now I have a new line manager who works very differently than my last one. I feel a little attacked at the moment and I want to walk away from this company. I find it difficult to change the way I work, and wonder how I can remain myself whilst also adapting to her way of working. Somehow I am struggling to accept what she says and find myself being defensive and argumentative.
There were angry tears after a phone call with her ended this afternoon, but I was glad I stood my ground and said what I did. I believe I do a good job. If I changed the way I worked to fit these targets and tick boxes, I couldn't achieve what I do. I was teetering on the edge of feeling bad and wrong, as I often used to, but I remembered just in time that I no longer have to blame myself. I remembered to be compassionate towards myself and I also felt compassion to my new line manager who is trying to do a good job too in her own way.
I was reminded of my unique gifts by this in-box wisdom received yesterday.
On this day of your life, Jan, I believe God wants you to know...
...that you are making a difference, whether you know it
or not. So have no doubt about that.
You did it again yesterday. The way you touched
someone's life just yesterday made a difference. And
you are always doing that, do you know that?
Yes, yes...your smile, your encouraging word, your
willingness to just be "present" with another, has
touched people in more ways than you realize.
I only tell you this today so that you never lose faith.
Faith in how life is moving through you -- and how
you are moving through life.
Wonderful post today Jan and the message you got in your in box is beautiful. This too shall pass. Hugs. xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Penny. Yes that message is beautiful isn't it? Really worth reminding yourself of this every day.
Deletegood for you for standing up for what you believe in. change is hard isnt it? especially when you have to keep at it everyday.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your encouragement. x
DeleteI am going through something similar at work and it will have a huge impact on my work/homelife balance. I have no option to accept it if I want to pay the mortgage next month.
ReplyDeleteHugs and empathy as you're dealing with this.
AJ
Absolutely! Like mice on wheels I often think. I might want to get off but wonder how the bills and mortgage would be paid if I followed my heart. I hope that your situation soon improves also. Hugs back AJ. xx
Delete