There is a
storm heading our way tonight and tomorrow, with up to 90 mile an hour winds, apparently. It's windy here already and this past week has been a very wet one so far. I've been long distance driving quite a bit this week for my work. While it's not one of my favourite things to do, driving on the motorway and in very heavy rains, I have been thinking ahead to January when I will be doing this much more regularly for the course/training I am taking.
I started the week very discouraged and tired, worrying about January really. By Friday however, I was in a more positive frame of mind and quite excited at the challenge ahead. Still very tired this weekend however. In fact I am thinking of having a Sunday afternoon nap.
The storm has been named "St Jude" as Monday is this saint's feast day. I decided to find out a little bit more about
Saint Jude, who is the patron saint of depression and lost causes. Prayers to St Jude can be said by those in difficult circumstances to ask for help, and encouragement to them keep going. Hopefully no-one will be too badly affected by the storm that they will need to ask for help from St Jude. Maybe it will blow itself out by the time it reaches our shores.
Hopefully I will find the strength too, to deal with the challenge that lies ahead. I am looking forward to it really, as it is a fabulous and rare opportunity. However I'm under no illusions that it will be easy and I know it will press all of my buttons. I will need to stay mindful and healthy if I am to "succeed". I need to start now in getting myself into good condition physically and mentally. It's like starting to train for a marathon!
One of the tutors said this week that we shouldn't be thinking of "failure" at this stage, however I suppose it is natural to be a little anxious. This is going to take a great deal of energy; some steep learning curves in certain areas that I know I find difficult; and a challenging of my own old perceptions of myself. There is the possibility that this will enable me to step up in ways I have avoided in the past, and it could be just what I need.
Here are this week's Snippets:
 |
| 21st October - it's 6.15pm and I'm on my way home past my favourite little church. |
 |
| 22nd October - the evening sky is so beautiful tonight. |
 |
| 23rd October - driving home and a stop at my last appointment means time to take in this rapidly changing sky - dramatic! |
 |
| 24th October - After my very important meeting - a mid-day photograph today(and right into the sun doh!). |
 |
| 25th October - Burning smelly candles in the house a lot at the moment. |
 |
| 26th October - Love this chandelier in my hairdresser's waiting area. |
 |
| 27th October - Mr Greenfingers has been growing pumpkins at his allotment. |
Some great photo opportunities throughout your week Jan!
ReplyDeleteI hope the storm runs out of strength by the time it reaches you. We had our first big storm several weeks ago on the Lower Mainland already and fortunately we seem to have had much milder weather since then. On Vancouver Island where I was last week at this time they are also expecting a big storm.
I was reading all sorts of news about these storms and how a few people were lost at sea or nearly drowned when swept into the sea... I am glad you are ok... be careful while driving please.
ReplyDelete