Friday, 4 October 2013

Friends on Friday (Blogtoberfest 2013) and "Link Love October Mission" #1

How gorgeous that Blogtoberfest has "Friends on Friday" which is all about writing about a creative soul that you admire. Gorgeous because there is nothing better than enthusing about someone whose work you love but also gorgeous because it fits so well with Link love Friday from Tammy at daisyyellowsquare. I haven't link-loved for so long, so I am very pleased to be joining the two together here on my blog during the month of October.

Click to go to Tammy's blog

October 4th Prompt fromTammy is:

 "5 posts you {actually} made something from"

Here are my five:

1. This gorgeous poem from Judy Douglass, inspired me to write my own version using the template found here. The idea is based on the original poem, "I am from...."  by Georgia Ella Lyon.

2. Alma Stoller via Tammy's link love back in April. Her video tutorial on how to make a canvas out of a breakfast cereal packet(amongst other things) was just what I needed to get me creating again at the time. I was going out the next day to buy a canvas. Instead I found myself with two made canvases. There is a photograph of my painting in this post.

3. It's Tammy again and a post on her blog "daisyyellow.squarespace.com" that I happened across in Summer 2011. That post and others, tempted me in to the ICAD summer challenge to create using a index card everyday. Here is a peek at all of my ICAD cards. What a wonderful summer that was. I had not been creative for so long it was like drinking a tall cold glass of water after a walk in the desert.

4. In 2011 I found this post by Theresa Huse at her blog MsArtist's Mixed Media Playground. Isn't that just a great name for a blog. My Superhero was a real break though for me at the time. Though looking back now I am cringing a little at my words!(As I am being brave for 100 days I will keep the link to my post in.)

5. Although I haven't got very far with the Everyday Matters Challenges I do continue to dip in and draw every now and again I enjoy it when I do and try to let go of the outcome and enjoy the process.

2 comments:

  1. I always love finding new blogs! Thank for the link, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure. There are so many great reads out there I could be sitting on my computer reading all day long if there was time. Although probably not as my brain would be screaming with overload and unable to take any more within an hour or two. Somedays lately even after a minute or two. Probably a good thing as there is a whole world out there you know. ;)

      Delete