Monday, 21 October 2013

Musical Monday and Lemmings - Blogtoberfest 2013

While watching The Andrew Marr Show a few weeks ago, I saw a new-to-me band, HAIM, singing their new song "The Wire". I've been singing it ever since, very catchy it is; the video is rather funny too. Great to see an all female band and all playing instruments.

Nothing much to report here. Rainy day Monday today, and work involved a long, long journey through the driving rain. I hate motorway driving especially in heavy rain. My imagination runs away with me as I imagine myself having an accident!

I once (20 years ago) went spinning around on the motorway in heavy rain (in my car of course), and was lucky to walk away without a scratch. This kind of weather always brings that memory back. At the time, it was a long while before I could drive on motorways again and always took the A-roads to work and back after that.

I often think that human beings on the motorway in thick fog or other types of hideous weather conditions, are rather like Lemmings following each other off a cliff.

Picture found here
On that cheery note - enjoy the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment