....happiness is good health
and a bad memory.
Ingrid Bergman said
that, and it is so true.
Memories,
of course, bring up
moments that are past,
whereas
happiness is always
found in the moment that
is here,
now.
Constantly
remembering bad things, or
sad things, can
rob you of your
present -- that is, your pre-sent
-- joy.
Happiness has been
sent to you in advance by
God. It
is here, in this
moment, if you will seize
it...and share it.
That's a lesson I need to learn. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI love that quote! My mother always used to tell me I had a bad memory. I do for the bad things that have happened to me, esp. anything caused by someone close. I guess that's how I manage to retain a largely positive attitude :-)
ReplyDeleteIt does take some working at doesn't it AJ. Joyful that is something I am not surprised to hear about you. You seem a very forgiving and loving person from what I read on your blog.
ReplyDelete