So I decided, given that I seemed to be being nudged in that direction, to do some online research about the meaning of this full moon.
I guess that right now I need to be marking this time in some way, giving myself a bit of gentle refocusing and a gentle kick in the pants, now that our/my plans have changed.
I went out into the garden at the time the moon was due to reach her fullness, and though it was still light here, and cloudy, I did some communing with her. Then I flicked through a magazine, cutting out some words and images that caught my attention - mostly words.
With no time to complete the exercise I left these on the table for when I was ready.
I was ready at about 4 am - another rushed job as appears to be my habit, but I didn't spend too much time thinking which is good. Here is a mini version of my dreamboard, on my ICAD card for yesterday (excuse the bad grammar in the scrawled sentence at the bottom).
| ICAD 52 - 13/8/11 |
My dream-board has a central mountain, beneath this a quiet garden with empty bench; feet; stars in the dark night sky; plants; self-trust; intuition; someone taking a breath and looking across a lake, then out to(into) white space - I am dreaming of all of this and more that I have in abundance. Dreaming of letting all of this continue to nourish me at my source. From the top and sides of the mountain, spring dreams of joy, love, sharing, adventure, courage, compassion, peace, purpose, belief and commitment. Dreams of keeping my heart open, standing and moving fully in life.
The rest of my Index Cards for last week follow below. It's strange to think that in another couple of weeks the challenge will be over for the summer, although I believe that ICAD will be continuing in some form.
| ICAD 47 - 7/8/11 |
| ICAD 48 - 8/8/11 |
| ICAD 49 - 9/8/11 |
| ICAD 50 - 10/8/11 |
| ICAD 51 - 11/8/11 |
HI Jan.... You seem to put down all your emotions and thoughts into these pieces... do you usually remember, when you look back at them, the state you were in when you made them? It would be interesting to see if you feel better every time you look at them... see if you had grown and whether or not you can overcome such times with ease now... I love your work... you should continue with it even if the summer challenge will be over...
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Lana and for the encouragement. I'm glad you like the cards. It is beneficial for me to create something everyday however rushed I am. I think I might take a class in September when the challenge is over. I would like to continue but sometimes I tend to overcommit myself so cannot give 100% to improving skills etc. Maybe my experimenting time is over for now and i need to focus down for a while on just one(or two) projects. Blessings.
ReplyDelete