
N is for.....News.
(overdue post from the 16th April)
150,000 people (approximate figure) attended a demonstration in central London on Saturday 16th April 2016. On the mainstream news channels it was as if nothing was happening. The coverage of this by the news media ws not quite as much of a news blackout as had been the previous demonstration that I attended last year, but still.....articles were mixed. I didn't notice any coverage on mainstream TV news during the day.
The demonstation was a further Anti-Austerity protest organised by the People's Assembly and was a "March for Health, Homes, Jobs and Education" #4demands.
The week before, 1000 protesters had gathered outside 10 Downing Street for a spontaneous protest demanding David Cameron's resignation over the Panama Papers scandal.
Here are some photos from the protest I attended last year.....
June 2015
| June 2015 |
| June 2015 |
| June 2015 |
| June 2015 |
Sam Fairbairn the National Secretary of the People’s Assembly closed his
speech on Saturday by saying, ‘if you can bail out the banks in a matter of days
then you can provide Health Homes Jobs and Education for everybody… but
instead this government has been complicit in hiding money away in tax
havens, stealing money from the majority while telling us at the same
time “we’re all in this together” that’s why we’re saying today Cameron
must go, Cameron you must go now.’
I saw this posted by Billy Bragg on Facebook recently, he could be talking about 2016!
I saw this posted by Billy Bragg on Facebook recently, he could be talking about 2016!

No comments:
Post a Comment