Saturday, 2 April 2016

A is for....... arrival, amazing, ageing, astology, art journalling, artist, addiction, amusing. #atozchallenge (Late to the party)

1. Arrival (amazing) - ageing :

Hello. I thought I would play along with this challenge as it looks like fun and I get to do random posts with multiple connections. I seem to have a tag for this in 2012 and nothing since. 

I haven't much time for blogging as my regular readers ( if there are any left now) know. 

How amazing it would be if blogging was my day job. I would so love it. I'm sure that many of you would love that too. There are so many of us out there, who love to read and share and write and make connections. I am more real when I write. I am more connected. 


So here is my arrival at A-z challenge 2016. 

I know it will be a real challenge and that i will cheat. 

Daily blogging is just not a possibility at the moment due to my day job consuming me completely. This is not a complaint. I am truly amazing to have arrived where I have at the age I am and I have achieved so much in my life. A few months ago I was berating myself internally for not having shown enough commitment in my lifetime. "Just think of where you could have been now if only you'd.......stuck at this....or even that." It does look very "flaky" indeed to outside eyes. 

But no-one knows what it is like to be you. 

Maybe I've arrived in other areas of my life. Yes and maybe it is an arrival just a little bit too late. No matter too much. Of course it matters somewhat. And I will accept that. This appears to have been my journey. I am reminded of this quote from my last post

By the time a person has achieved years adequate for choosing a direction, the die is cast and the moment has long since passed which determined the future." 
- Zelda Fitzgerald

2. Art journaling (arting; astrology) : 

Still trying to be creative and to use art journalling whenever I get time. I did this gluebook page/vision board last weekend after reading about the last new moon phase on 7th April, the lunar eclipse and following my vague recollection of coming out of a work visit in the late evening one day last week, and coming face to face with the full moon or near full moon  (must have been Thursday 24th or Wednesday 23rd .....the days all merge into one). 

28th March 2016
Hopefully if you want to see any detail when you click you will be able to read the words. I can't see how anyone would be interested in the finer details but just in case here are some quotes I used as inspiration for this page and my musings. 

My horoscope last week and for this lunar period gave me this advice...
 "Take time to smell the flowers and reconsider your priorities. You love the distractions but can't keep up this hectic pace forever."

and 

"It's time to leave something behind and this Libra lunar eclipse gives us the objectivity to make wise decisions. However knowing what to eliminate is complicated because we can clearly see both sides of an issue."

 and 
"We cannot at this point extricate ourselves into 'better times' simply by sheer force of will. It is time to rest, stop and reflect." 

and

"It is time to encourage each other and ourselves. To hold up to others a mirror in which they can see their potential, not their failings, a child of god not an orphan of circumstances. "
and finally....

"We're reached a moment of balance. a silent still moment, a breath between the old and the new. This is the space where we can reconfigure our lives."


3. Joan Armatrading (amazing artist) : 
 This came on my youtube shuffle whilst I was typing this blog post. I really do love this and cannot ever post it too many times. 
 

 4. Lily Allen (addiction #earworm / mildly amusing) : 
Humming along to this for the past few days. Smile....something I need to do more of. Then I watched the video and was mildly amused by the scenario depicted.


No comments:

Post a Comment