Friday, 26 April 2013

It's Friday! Time for April link love #3


1. I have this blog "Kind over matter" in my reader. This week I had time to click and to read and to listen. I often don't have time. I have too many blogs in my reader. Revisiting this week led me to this video(see below) shared by Amanda at Kind over Matter; the performance of a poem by Daniel Beaty. I daren't watch it again as it had me sobbing. I will watch it again. I hope you will too. (oh and Amanda's site has some interesting links and freebies too, I will be visiting again more often and finding about more about Daniel too).


2. I'm linking back to one of Tammy's links from last week for my second link love this week. I found Alma Stoller and her tutorial on how to make a canvas out of a breakfast cereal packet(amongst other things) just what I needed to get started creating again. I was going out the next day to buy a canvas. Instead I found myself with two made canvases. This is my finished painting based on the woman I met on the ferry who I wanted to photograph but didn't. She didn't look like this (she looked sadder and ill and addicted); but she was wearing a hat and was sitting on the floor. It feels good to have been painting her today. Thank you Tammy and Alma.



3. I just had to link to this blog and Sas Petherick's post about her twitter/tube/haiku project also known as #tubeku. She calls the post One Hundred Journeys and I love, love, love her post and her tubekus. Will there be a book I wonder? I love London and the Tube so maybe that's why I love these so much.

4. I'd love to do this in May. Well all of the time really. Question is do I have the time. This link love mission is getting me all fired up about all sorts of projects, and as regular readers will know I don't always finish what I start. Ummmm.....

5.Quote: "This site is a watering-hole for do-gooders, wanna-be do-gooders and recovering do-gooders. Pull up a stool."  I'm forever drawn to Marianne Elliott's blog. I was once called a "do-gooder" by someone who I found challenging and who later went on to try to cause much damage to my family. She used it as an insult. I took offence. Someone later said to me, I wish I could remember who that was, "What's wrong with being a do-gooder? There are worse things you could be!" I'm not going to gush about Marianne (though I could), that would be icky! Just that she reminds me of who I might have been. Plus she is a fabulous writer, reporter, advocate, and that is just the little I know of her given the limitations on my time and the vast array of talent on the interwebs. There are also some freebies and a very reasonably priced e-course.

Thanks to Tammy over at DaisyYellowSquareSpace for getting my creative juices flowing again with her April Link Love Mission.

6 comments:

  1. Just watched "Knock, Knock"...with tears in my eyes I have 1 word: WOW!! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure to share something so powerful. x

      Delete
  2. I have Kind over Matter on my blog reader as well, but often don't have time to get to it, (my reader is ridiculously out of control!). I love Marianne as well, her book was incredible reading and she is wonderful. I love Sas as well...heck I think your links are perfection and looking forward to checking out the video. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again. Thanks for commenting and visiting. I haven't read Marianne's book as yet but will definitely be doing so.

      Delete