I'm thinking about writers this week and my links are mostly for wordy type people. If I ever lose my capacity for reading and processing the written word then I don't know what I would do.
Lately I have noticed worryingly, that I am less able to multi-task and skim-read than I used to be. I used to eat up and process words without even thinking about it. This morning as I try to catch up on blogs I have not had time for during the week, I notice that I am unable to make any sense of the sentences and paragraphs. My eyes seem to be jumping all over the place and my brain is rejecting the texts. I tell myself to go away from the computer and do something physical before returning later when my mind will feel much more alert! I am sure that it is simply that I have so much written information coming at me in my day job that I just do not have the energy or motivation for any at the weekend. Meditation and exercise that will do the trick. Oh and a week away by another seaside.
Anyway, links....here they are:
1. Lemn Sissay is one of my favourite contemporary poets and I have written about him before in this place when he gave his TED talk "A child of the state". The link above contains something of his response this week to the death of Margaret Thatcher. The poem below is one of my favourites by Lemn as is "Let there be peace."
2. Over at The Solitary Walker, Robert has been cooking one of my favourites......couscous and roasted vegetables. Usually you can find Robert writing about walking, geography, literature, music, history and of course his own poetry. Oh and not forgetting the odd April Fools or two. One of the most interesting and relaxing places to visit on the Internet IMHO.
3. I don't usually read The Telegraph however I was interested to read this blog article by Dan Hodges about his Mum, Glenda Jackson and her words in the House of Commons this week during the tribute debate about Margaret Thatcher. He writes....
However he is clearly very proud of his Mum which I am in full agreement with ......"I was in the gym when the legacy of the grocer’s daughter from Grantham ran slap bang into the indignation of a brickie’s daughter from Birkenhead. Which is just as well. If I’d viewed it in real time it might have brought back painful memories. Like when I was eight and watched The Muppets with mounting horror as my mother, dressed as a pirate, pounced on Kermit the Frog and lashed him to a yardarm."
4. Feeling as if this free online workshop from Connie at dirtyfootprints studio might help me free up some of my energies. It's funny, I feel like splashing around some paint might unblock my thinking and processing systems and reboot me!"Just as I was finishing this piece, I spotted another tweet. “What do you think of your mum’s comments, Dan? I think some of them were valid, but tone was all wrong. No humility.”I’ll tell you what I think. I think the House of Commons assembled on Wednesday to honour a woman of conviction. And like it or not, a woman of conviction was what it got to see. Am I Glenda Jackson’s son? Yes, I am."
5. Dorothee Lang from Life as a Journey is inspiring me to write more about my travels(oh and to get off on my travels a bit more). This is a new blog for me and I haven't really had time to visit very often. Something is drawing me in to her work however. Dorothee is also taking part in the April A-Z challenge and very interesting it all is too. What do you think?
going to check out these interesting sites, thanks for the wonderful links
ReplyDeleteThank Lee. Hope you enjoy. xx
DeleteI love finding new blogs. I really like the idea at dirtyfootprints. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYes i am determined to make some time to be creative very soon. Thank you Birdie. xx
DeleteThank you for the link to Total Alignment. I'm going to take advantage of that.
ReplyDeleteI'll be interested to hear and see how you get on. x
Delete:) I linked to Connie's website just today!!
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to exploring your other links, especially Lemn Sissay's Ted talk.
You too. Thanks for visiting. I will be exploring everyone's links further now I am home. Also making time to explore Connie's resources further. x
DeleteThank you for your wonderful blog. x
ReplyDelete