Wednesday, 12 January 2022

UBC Day 9 - Thinking about the year ahead.

It is 5pm and I am taking a break from work for a half hour before working late again. I thought I would come here and use the break time to write my daily blog challenge post. It could be a late one tonight. 

I have been thinking a little about my year ahead and what I want to focus on. 

With the help of my Osho Zen Tarot Card Deck I spent a little time starting to think about where I am at right now and where I might want to get to as the year goes on. 

It's only guidance and a way of helping me think about things, not prediction! 

So these are my cards for the four quarters of the year. From left to right, Jan-March, April- June, July-September and October-December. As I looked at them they all seem to apply to right now so I think that they are a good set of cards to get me focused. 


Card 1, Projection from the suit of water(emotions): "Every mind lives in it's own world. The man and the woman are facing each other but they are not able to see each other clearly. Each is projecting an image they have constructed in their own minds, covering the real face of the person they are looking at."

In this first quarter of the year I want to focus on my relationships with others and stay balanced, clear and honest. I want to ensure that I stay mindful and "fully aware of my own expectations, desires and judgements." This card also suggests that when you feel "a judgement arising about another , turn it around." "Does what you see in others really belong to you? Is your vision clear or clouded by what you want to see?" 

Those are two great things for me to work on this quarter, particularly taking responsibility for meeting my own needs, identifying my desires and making sure I put them first. Instead of going along with what someone else wants, for fear of upsetting them. Again clear communication and clarity of vision is the key.

I'm going back to work now so will finish this post later. 

 ........So I have come back after working until 10.30 pm and I have decided that I am just too tired to write any more about the other cards right now. I might do a series of posts instead so watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment