Friday, 14 January 2022

UBC Post 10 - Missed a day! Another winter walk.

 This is the first of two posts today, as I missed a day yesterday! Not surprisingly given the busy working week. 

On one of the last days of the old year,  we went for a walk in this beautiful place, Cockerham Sands. 

It is a really beautiful area, very flat with amazing long distance views all around. To the North you can see the hills of the Lake District, to the East the hills of the Trough of Bowland, then across the estuary in the South and South-West, Pilling, Knott End and Blackpool Tower behind. 


The sun was starting to go down and we watched the sea birds, geese and swans going about their evening business on the mud-flats. The tide was out and this landscape seemed endless. 

 






We were walking together but quietly today. In thought, as we thought about saying goodbye to 2021 and the difficult personal and global events that have challenged us. I wished for peaceful times for you and for the world. Happy New Year to you lovely human. 



2 comments:

  1. I would love to walk along the coastal trail where you went. From the map there looks as if there are some interesting landmarks and buildings eg. the remains of an abbey, farms and a marina. The views out to sea are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to walk there with you Linda. Yes there is an abbey which I will write a post about one day.

      Delete