Tuesday, 18 January 2022

UBC Day 14 - Here, There and Everywhere.


 I went to see this exhibition when I was in London last week. It is currently at The British Library and only a very small collection from the new book by Paul McCartney. 

It was good to see the photographs and especially the handwritten lyrics to "Here, There and Everywhere", one of my favourites. Such a simple and beautiful melody and lyrics. 


My friend and I also went to another exhibition(for another post) at The British Museum, which we had managed to book to see in one of the extra slots added in the evening, due to the demand. 

It was quite eerie walking out through the empty museum afterwards. I do love this space. I often used to visit here when I had time when coming to London, as it is near the train station. I have never been there at night before however. 

My friend took these photos as we enjoyed the experience of the Museum at night and I spotted the almost full moon through the glass roof. Stunning!







I feel really blessed in my life to be able to have the freedom and finances sometimes to visit London and enjoy the many free or reasonably priced museums and exhibitions. Being there last week I realised how much I have missed the big city with all of the interesting things to do and see. 

There is lots to do here "up North" too, with Manchester and Liverpool only a short train ride away and in the small towns too there is always something happening, and lots to learn about. 

2 comments:

  1. Before the pandemic I would go into our city centre on the tram specifically to visit the art galleries and museums. It seems so long ago now. Many of the exhibitions were from national collections that were on tour. Thank you for sharing what you saw in London recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you planning any trips into the city to the art galleries and museums again soon Linda? Or are you still being cautious when you go out and about? It is sad how life has changed for many people since the pandemic but it has really made me recognise how much I took for granted before.

      Delete