Friday, 14 January 2022

UBC Day 11 - Rumi - When I Die


When I die 

When my coffin 
is being taken out 
You must never think 
I am missing this world

Don’t shed any tears 
Don’t lament or 
Feel sorry 
I’m not falling 
into a monster’s abyss

When you see 
My corpse is being carried 
Don’t cry for my leaving 
I’m not leaving 
I’m arriving at eternal love

When you leave me 
in the grave 
Don’t say goodbye 
Remember a grave is 
only a curtain 
for the paradise behind

You’ll only see me 
Descending into a grave 
Now watch me rise 
How can there be an end 
When the sun sets or 
the moon goes down

It looks like the end 
It seems like a sunset 
But in reality it is a dawn 
When the grave locks you up 
that is when your soul is freed

Have you ever seen 
a seed fallen to earth 
not rise with a new life 
Why should you doubt the rise 
of a seed named human

Have you ever seen 
a bucket lowered into a well 
coming back empty 
Why lament for a soul 
When it can come back 
like Joseph from the well

When for the last time 
you close your mouth 
Your words and soul 
will belong to the world of 
no place no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment