Yesterday's wet and windy walk along the coast was certainly bracing.
On days like these, as I walk away from the main seaside resort part of town, I am reminded of the wildness and wonder of this coast. The huge expanse of deep water with it's crashing waves is a force to be reckoned with.
I am reminded of the ships that have gone down in these dangerous waters and of the people swept away by the tides.
I connect with the sea birds and learn more about their fascinating ways.
My friend said that he loves seagulls as they always seem as if they are having fun and playing as they ride on the air waves. Their calls always sound like laughter to me.
I hope that as I get older I am still able to come and walk down here on days like these.
On a recent cold and challenging walk in the countryside we passed an older man who had a physical disability, out walking on his own with a push along walking frame. It seemed a long way for him to have walked on his own but he seemed quite happy and capable of looking after himself.
On Boxing Day we passed an older lady who seemed determined too to get along the bank of the river before the high tide. She stopped to chat with us for a while and looked quite ill-prepared for the mud and incoming tide however quite independently carried on despite my misgivings about her welfare. My family are always telling me not to go wandering about the countryside on my own, and do I listen? Not at all.
I hope I continue to be adventurous as I get older myself.
I will remember these encounters when in the future or present, I feel lacking in motivation or the courage to get out and about in Nature.
A walk along a coastal path must be invigorating as you watch the waves and listen to the mesmerising sound they make. The people you encountered were determined to get out and about and I can identify with that need to keep finding ways to be immersed in a natural environment. For me it's the nearby woodland or the moors that draw me. I hope you find opportunities to go on more of your walks very soon. Your daily blog posts are interesting.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like being out in nature is there? Thanks for your comments Linda.
Delete