It really is an honour for me to receive an award from Lana. I've not known her very long, only discovering her blog in April, but she never fails to capture my interest with her writing. She writes about the world and it's inhabitants, family history and cultures, and her role as a mother and teacher. Lana writes with such kindness and compassion, love, honesty and wisdom. I am inspired and encouraged by her presence in my blogging life and thank her for all of this.
Anyway, this award asks you to link to blogs that you love, that have less than 100 followers. My list of blogs I love is ever growing, so I have chosen a few to share that are close to my heart. Here they are:
Kat is a writer and a mother with a small one. Her blog is simply beautiful. She blogs about writing, about being a mother, about books, creativity and about being human. Her writing is often takes my breath away.
I cannot tell you just how much courage and inspiration I have found through Kat's beautiful blog.
Another writer and artist. I've not long been reading but am already hooked by the variety of AJ's blog posts. One day we go on a visit to a museum, the next she is posting about social networking. Mostly though I love her paintings, and the warm and friendly feeling I get from her. AJ has me thinking about all kinds of issues. I loved her small stones writings, and that is how I found her blogs. Her other (writing) blog is here.
I just shyly and quietly read bookbirds's blog, and sit in awe of her wisdom. In her own words, "I write about Buddhism, politics, dogs and books. Sometimes I even write about writing". So much to learn here. Life, love, grief, joy and staying open to it all. A fabulous blog which moves me and has me thinking everytime I visit there.
A deceptively simple looking blog with short daily posts - don't be deceived.....just how much work is going on behind the scenes is amazing! Barb writes about books, the vegan life, step-parenting, animal loves, hiking in the mountains. Compassion in action is alive here. Barb hosts the all things vegan radio on the community radio where she lives, and also runs a non-profit community group which looks really exciting and supportive re veganism and vegetarianism.
Rachel welcomed me to blogland over a year ago with my first ever blogging award and many comments that encouraged me as a new blogger. Rachel writes about books, her christian faith and how she seeks to live this, frugal living, hooping, oh and the whole spectrum of life in all it's glory and fun. I am always in awe of Rachel's energy, love, compassion and enthusiam for life and all it's joy....it just spills off her pages.
I can't stop here...without mentioning two of the Unravellers, with whom I have continued to travel for over a year now as part of a 365 days photo project. Big love to all of them - can't link to all so here are just two from a bunch of very special people:
Jojo shares her amazing artwork, photographs and from the heart writing, here at her newish blog. I have been so inspired by Jojo's love, courage and person...since we "met" last year. Thank you.
Wendy. She and I have often photographed our very different coastlines, as we have each walked along separately, reflecting, looking and sharing our views of life through photographs. Wendy is a very talented photographer, a wonderful Mum and Daughter, a fabulous friend. I read and enjoy her blog for it's reflections and questions about life and it's beautiful photography. The courage to be open to all of the light and the shadow of life in all of it's human connections, that's what I find through Wendy.
Thank you for my award Lana. It has really helped me think about why I love the blogs and the bloggers that I do, and to appreciate all of the wonderful people I have met through blogging and my other favourite online places.
Congrats on your award and thank for sharing these blogs.
ReplyDeleteWonderful to learn about your award. Congrats. I'll also be looking into those blogs you've mentioned as most of them are new to me ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow Jan thankyou so much for your wonderful kind comments about my wee blog - and thankyou for the link!
ReplyDeleteI am excited to hope over and visit all the others you mentioned too ;) new blogs=fun! xxx
Thank you! I'm deeply flattered that you feel like that about my blog(s)
ReplyDeleteI love visiting you here too.