Saturday, 25 June 2011

Look No Prompts! Ramblings. ICAD #2

Well not strictly true. There are two cards included here that are responses to one of Daisy Yellow's  prompts. I was initially sticking strictly to the (optional) prompt list, and then just decided to have a week without! More and more fun! Brave girl.

These cards are really helping me get through a sticky patch right now.  ;)

The words I need are not here. Blogging seems a bit of a threat.

Show up. 

Speak your truth.

I am still waiting to start my new job, although that is getting closer now.

I am suffering from familiar feelings of self-doubt and gloom. Trying to look at this with curiousity rather than panic. I think hormones and a lack of sleep are contributing.

This too will pass.

I've decided that my big-mystery-future-happening-project that was having me jumping up and down in excitement, might not be the way forward after all. I'm not really sure what's going on there. Is it fear or just reality setting in. Am I truly able to do this? Is it motivated by my ego or my higher self? What the **** is really going on here?

Let go the outcome.

While waiting for a happening-related appointment on Thursday, I got out my pencils and created one of these cards. It passed the time. Tension was released. Thank heavens for index card art.

Pay attention. 

Today is my card free day. It's starting to be difficult not to make a card but today I am card free! Here are some more of the cards I made - still struggling with resisting the urge to make them look perfect! ;)

ICAD 7 - Mickey Mouse. 21.6.11
Not the only mouse in our house.
ICAD 8 - Summer.  22.6.11
ICAD 9  - Waiting for 5 o'clock. 23.6.11
ICAD 10 - Beetroot Juice. 24.6.11

4 comments:

  1. Very nice cards! especially like the 'waiting for 5 o'clock' one...best of luck on the new job. have confidence in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are great! Keep creating them.

    HALT is the acronym for knowing you should not be making any tough decisions and being good to yourself.

    Hungry
    Angry
    Lonely
    Tired
    Be good to yourself and catch up on some sleep. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great - and addictive, once I made one I had to make more! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dianne, thank you Birdie, thank you winterwood for all your kinds words and encouragement. I am going to make a card with the acronym HALT Birdie as a reminder for myself. I feel so blessed to be part of the blogging world. xx

    ReplyDelete