This year I decided that I was going to buy books for all my sister's grandchildren. The year before last I bought them all a board game each. Then last year it was a very unimaginative selection box and a gift voucher. This year(and possibly future years too) I am going to be the "Great Aunt that buys books".
I always loved receiving books, and still do! As a child I couldn't hear people call me, when I was nose and head in a book! However I realise that some children don't like reading, and don't have access to the printed word that much. One or two of the seven there are left to find gifts for, are happy with books and reading. One or two are not, and are boys to boot! So I was keen to find something that would not turn them off reading even more. I think that these great finds, at the
Christmas Fair yesterday, will go down a treat! Especially this first one! ;)
 |
| One each for the youngest two cousins. |
 |
| One each of these for the two cousins that do quite well at school. |
 |
This one for the oldest boy, who has just started Secondary School.
Struggles with reading but loves footie.
There is quite alot of text in this one but some cartoons and interesting captions too. I think it could grow with him. |
How fun! I'm a big fan of books as gifts, too. Thanks for stopping by my blog...look forward to visiting yours again :)
ReplyDelete