I love a good Christmas Fair, always a highlight of the Advent season. This is one I was taken to yesterday was possibly the busiest I have ever known. Great atmosphere and different to the usual church or school fairs I am used to. This one is a
larger community getting together and is a big tourist draw in the middle of the winter! Massive amounts of people all crammed into one small street, great for the local businesses, who were having people queue outside their tiny shops and letting in a few at at time.
 |
| Collecting for Help For Heroes - "Away in a Manger" played very well indeed. |
 |
| Choosing the next piece of music, I'm facinated to know what unexpected traditional piece is next (as we had come around the corner he had been playing "Living Next Door To Alice"). |
 |
| "Victorian" children everywhere, complete with welly boots. |
 |
| Morris Dancers out for a good time! |
 |
| Christmas crowds and peaceful view. |
 |
| Just gorgeous! |
 |
| Plenty of Cheese and Chutney. |
 |
| Torchlight Procession including "Mary" on a real donkey. |
 |
| A last look back at the christmassy village |
Oooh your pictures are beautiful!! I bet it was lovely!
ReplyDelete(sidenote: is that Grassington in Yorkshire? I used to live/work in Skipton - such a lovely part of the country!) xx
Love your pics! Looks like it was a great time. I read your bio and am impressed with your planned trek. Hope all goes well as you pursue your goal!
ReplyDeleteThank you both and glad you enjoyed the photos. Yes it was a really good day out.
ReplyDeleteThanks Renee Ann - I did the trek in October. Must change my bio now, I'll think on it a while first though.
Rachel yes that is Grassington near Skipton. Funny you used to live/work there. What did you do?