Tuesday, 6 October 2020

On a Tuesday in early October - already dreaming of those warm summer days.

 "I feel I need a holiday, a very long holiday, as I have told you before. Probably a permanent holiday: I don't expect I shall return. in fact, I don't mean to, and I have made all arrangements....

I feel all thin, sort of stretched, if you know what I mean: like butter that has been scraped over too much bread. That can't be right. I need a change, or something.'

 - Bilbo Baggins - Lord of the Rings J.R.R.Tolkien 


August 2020

The Chalk Tower

Post-Lockdown holiday walking

Heaven on earth 

Blue skies and fresh air in deserted places

Breathing in the colours

Experiencing east coast beaches

In August myself and my son went away for a few days. It was just after the lockdown measures were starting to be relaxed, and we were both still cautious. 

How lucky we were to spend those precious and beautiful summer days together and to breath in all the beauty. It felt good to be out in the fresh air and open space, where we were there were not so many people and so we really felt safe and able to really relax. 

It has been a challenging time and it was great to spend some time together after limited contact with anyone except over phone or internet. It also felt great to be out walking somewhere so wonderful and to be feeling the warm sun and breeze on our faces. 

On this rainy October Tuesday, when working at home and doing my job day in and day out feels tiring and a thankless task; I remember these days of summer and how lucky I am to have the life I do. 

To Make Life Better, Create A Better Life You Don't Need To Escape From

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning scenery. One day I would love to see it myself. You are fortunate to have gotten away for a few days. I had hoped to myself but it never happened. Now it's winter. I'll have to stay put and hope that sometime in the new year I can go somewhere safely. Enjoy your week ahead Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the first time we've been to that area and I would love to go back. At the time we went it was such a strange feeling, new restrictions everywhere and the fact that we had not been out and about for five months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local daughter would go to this place to see the bird colonies there on precious days off from work. I'm glad you were able to go there and take walks with your son. Those sky photos are amazing. I especially like the one of the birds flying freely in the air. On a rainy October day I imagine it's good to look back at that time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely there, and yes you are not far away in Leeds I don't think. Your daughter has the right idea Linda. I love that photo too, and have a few more similar which I am thinking of enlarging and hanging on my wall.

      Delete