Saturday, 1 June 2013

A bit of fun and navel gazing

I've been playing about with my itunes, and a suggestion from OokLibrarian that gave me a little distraction a few months ago whilst contemplating my fiftieth birthday. His instructions were as follows:

1. Put your iTunes on Shuffle setting.

2. Hit Play.

3. As each song is played assign it to the categories in the left hand column.

Ook found it quite "uncanny" that the music and lyrics that came up just seemed to fit that part of his life. I found it somewhat the same, even if the order of the categories was all wrong for my life. Some categories don't fit at all, for example "wedding" as I've never been married and have never wanted to be(or maybe only recently). Ook also tells us not to cheat, but I'm afraid I had to as my itunes and Mr Stayingawake's itunes are all mixed up together, so if one of his came up that meant little to me I skipped until one of mine came up instead.

I would quite like to play around some more with an alternative soundtrack to my life so look out for further self-indulgent posts. ;)

Opening Credits Ship Building  (Archer Tasmin) “With all the will in the world, diving for dear life, when we could be diving for pearls."
Waking up There is life outside your appartment(Original Broadway Cast of Avenue Q) “There is life outside your apartment but you've got to open the door.”
First Day of School I want Love(Elton John ) “I want love on my own terms, After everything I've ever learned...my I carry too much baggage, oh man I've seen so much traffic.”
First Love Walk on By (Gabrielle) “If you see me walking down the street and I start to cry each time we meet”
Fighting The Lady Is a Tramp (Frank Sinatra) "Won't dish the dirt with the rest of the girls, that's why the lady is a tramp. She loves the free fresh wind in her hair, life without care, she's broke, it's ok."
Breaking Up You May Be Right (Billy Joel) “You may be right, I may be crazy hey! But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.”
Leaving School and The Prom America(Razorlight) “I light a cigarette cos i can't get no sleep, there's nothing on the TV nothing on the radio that means that much to me.”
Life Old Friends (Simon and Garfunkle) “Time it was and what a time it was, a time of innocence, a time of confidences.”
Mental Breakdown I'm Alive (ELO) “Lost in another world. Never another word. But what can I say? I'm alive.”
Driving Colours (Donovan) "Freedom is a word I rarely use
Without thinkin', mm hmm
Without thinkin', uh huh
Of the time, of the time
When I've been loved."
Flashback Innocence (Avril Lavigne) “This innocence is brilliant
I hope that it will stay
This moment is perfect
Please don't go away
I need you now
And I'll hold on to it
Don't you let it pass you by.”
Making Up Tears and Rain (James Blunt) "I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble."
Wedding Super Trouper (Abba) "For somewhere in the crowd there's you."
Birth of a Child For your love (Stevie Wonder) “And for your love
I would do anything
Just to see you smile upon your face
For your love
I would go anywhere
Just you tell me and I'll be right there."
Final Battle Love Over Gold (Dire Straits) "It takes love over gold
and mind over matter
to do what you do that you must
when the things that you hold
can fall and be shattered
or run through your fingers like dust."
Death Scene Man at C and A (Terry Hall) I'm the man in grey, I'm just the man at C & A
And I don't have a say in the war games that they play.
Funeral Don't Panic (Coldplay) "Bones sinking like stones
All that we've fought for
Homes, places we've grown
All of us are done for

We live in a beautiful world
Yeah, we do
Yeah, we do
We live in a beautiful world."
Final Credits I Still haven't found what I'm looking for (U2) “I have climbed highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
I have run
I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for.”

Do you fancy a play about and some navel gazing too? Would love to read your results.

2 comments:

  1. Where you keep your music, on an IPOD or on your computer? I'm afraid I haven't kept up my music at all. I do like music but it is hard enough for me to keep my photos and files organized (I can't, lol) so I haven't re-done my music files since my hard drive burned out so many times in the last few years. You've reminded me to dust off my old mp3 player. I have a lot of tunes on there I can listen to but I need to power it up first. Have a wonderful week, Jan. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have music in both places but I don't use my Ipod as much as i thought I would. I don't find earphones very comfy but was just asking a younger family member which he recommended for me as I want to listen to music and downloads more. Mr Stayingawake sorted all the music onto the computer on itunes as I am sure I would not have been able to find the time to do so. Like you Penny I find it hard to keep my photos and files organized as it is! Hope you enjoy listening to your mp3 player again.

      Delete