Monday, 7 November 2011

Weekend Gifts and Gratitudes

So many gifts recieved this weekend.....

On Friday I recieved an alien and a pen. Gifts from a three year old.

On Friday also, arrived a parcel.....

A parcel from Australia
.....containing four tiny and beautiful canvases, created by Kat  from "I saw you dancing".

Four, most wonderful little prayers sent across the ocean and fluttering right into my heart.

How grateful I am that I found Kat here in blogland, her words and her presence in my life are a gift in themselves. So grateful that she continues to blog, to write, to create magic and love with her story.

I think these little prayers are my first, ever, gift from a blogger friend. Thank you Kat. I just love them.

Clarity and lightness.
My favourite of the Canvases.
Courage dear heart.
An important reminder for me.
Saturday was Bonfire Night, which brought back some wonderful childhood memories of sitting close by the coal fire we had at home and staring into the flames...imagining......dragons, black caves and shape shifting, nameless creatures......

Remember, remember the 5th November
Experimenting with my Camera - AEDM - Day 5
The memories that stirred, while I stood watching the fire, led to my playing with words and memories to cobble together a rough draft for a poem. My effort for Day 6 of AEDM - safe inside my journal.

On Sunday I spent a good few hours out in the sunshine, digging in the dirt. The gifts of nature all around, delight in the smell of the soil, the sound and sight of sparrows and blackbirds visiting the plot, sharing the workload with Mr Stayingawake.

Playing with my camera again - close up and personal with a slug.

Preparing the plot for winter. 6.11.11
Grateful for a bag full of herbs, the last harvest from the plot; and for all the food we have been lucky enough to grow and eat, over the past few months. It's good to share it too! So grateful most of all this weekend, for Mr Stayingawake and his endless patience and thoughtfulness, his humour and his love.

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful gifts from Kat. I'm so happy you have Mr. Stayingawke. He sounds priceless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was a roaring fire. Magic!
    So glad you liked the wee canvases, dear Jan. I just knew they'd found a loving home with you, and hope they bring you comfort and delight when that's what you need.
    Thank you for being such a wonderful presence, in your blog and in mine.
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something so lovely about getting gifts from 3 year olds and gifts in the mail.
    I love the fire. Fires are banned in my city. I need to go to the next town over to have a splendid bon fire like that!
    I ❤ slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's closer than I want to get to a slug. I know they're fascinating. But they really make my flesh creep.

    Lovely fire photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the lovely comments. AJ sorry for startling you! Birdie how is it that fires are banned? Kat....I am just so pleased you visited again I feel like a star-struck fan! Penny, yes indeedy, Mr Stayingawake is priceless! I do take him so much for granted!

    ReplyDelete