Sunday, 10 July 2011

ICAD Discoveries - ICAD #4

We are into month two of the Index Card A Day summer challenge, and this week Tammy asked us to share something we've learned or discovered as a result of taking part in the challenge.

Ok then, so here goes, and here are my next set of cards, minus yesterday as that was my card free day for the week.

Discovery number 1:  I don't like to have a card free day - that is difficult for me for some strange reason. Can't think why. Maybe it's because ICAD is so much fun, and I'm enjoying having even a teensy bit of creative time each day, so much!

Discovery number 2:  I like to fill the whole of the card where possible, leaving no white space at all! Also I like to hide the lines. So this card, and the next, are me getting out of my comfort zone, and leaving some white space.

ICAD 18 - 4/7/11

Discovery number 3:   Up until this card, I was "scared" of drawing with a pen in case I made a mistake. So I had to have a go to see what happened. I sort of like the result, except the curly lines with the twirly ends.


ICAD 19 - 5/7/11

Discovery number 4:   Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to do until I start and it might go anywhere. On occasion I am dissatisfied with the end result, even though it is the actual moments of creating that matters most, sometimes I feel I just need something to "complete" it.  However If I leave it for a while sometimes inspiration comes. Or not. This card I returned to the day after to add the quote.

ICAD 20 - 6/7/11

Discovery number 5:   There are endless possibilities. Even when a London Underground Ticket falls down behind the computer desk before you get chance to stick it on your index card, there is always another idea waiting. Something just appears on the card. This was going to be a to-do list and turned into a ramble.

ICAD 21 - 7/7/11

Discovery number 6:  I enjoy layers.This whole card, including the feel of it under my finger tips, was extremely satisfying, and perfectly captured a moment in my day.

ICAD 22 - 8/7/11

Discovery number 7:   I am really appreciating colour.


ICAD 23 - 10/7/11

Discovery number 8:   I really want to explore different materials and tools to find out what they can do. At the moment I find I am using simpler materials due to time constraints, and my unfamiliarity with paint, mixed media techniques etc. So..... I am going to find some classes in September to learn more.

Discovery number 9:  The flickr group is a lovely way to share everyone's cards and encourage each other. It's great to see the variety of cards created and get to know some new bloggers and artists. I have also enjoyed reading bloggers who discuss the techniques they have used.

Discovery number 10:  Creativity is a very important part of my life. As I returned to work on Wednesday this challenge has come at just the right time, keeping me sane and connected with parts of myself that I had forgotten about.

Thank you again Tammy for such a fabulous fun project. I'm still loving it.

3 comments:

  1. Your discoveries are inspiring, your cards are fun...what a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a few cards but found it impossible to make one a day. (mind you, I'm working full time and updating four blogs!) So I'm in awe of the things you have produced. Love the waterfall one - and number 20.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your encouragement and for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete