I've been trying to carve out some time however, in August I managed to join in with "August Beak" and in September I managed to use my "right-brain planning pages" nearly everyday! So October seems to call for a Friday check in at the very least! "Blogtoberfest" seems a bit of a tall order this year, but October Fridays might just do the trick or treat.
So here is my first October Friday check in.
On the menu:
It may be my turn to cook tonight. I don't often do this these days due to my work and Mr Greenfingers being at home. If I make something easy then it's less time taken up and more time to relax, or for blogging, or creativity or fun or more homework. Plus the kitchen needs cleaning and the sheets need changing. So to get back to the point, there are potatoes being baked in the oven as I type and a lovely leafy salad chilling in the fridge. Throw on some tuna and we have a quick and easy meal to suit a busy lifestyle. It is also very low in calories as I am piling on the lbs while studying!
Out the window:
It is grey, chilly and a wild wind is almost blowing my sheets off the washing line. Lovely. When I went outside earlier I felt that familiar feeling of wanting to get back inside and shut the door before myself and the sheets were whipped into the air and carried away.
Earlier this week on my calendar, this reminded me how much I enjoy Autumn and to look out for the leaves!
The fall show of leaves only lasts a short time. Catch it early and then you will be able to revisit it if you want.
Good things:
- Winning tickets to the theatre that ensured I continued last week's energy and belief that I can do other things except study and still manage to do it!
- Seeing a loved one at the theatre with his boss and looking blooming lovely!
- Winning a book also - which has brought me spiraling round again which always signals learning.
- Another loved one is feeling better.
- Family discussing and perhaps revising their decision to move away.
- Being home on a Friday and therefore enjoying a longish weekend which will last until Monday lunchtime. Homework not counted.
- A feeling of achievement and drive this week.
- Having tasks in my task tray at work.
- Feeling motivated and inspired. That this might be (is) achievable for me.
- Coffee and a chat. Connecting.
- For not giving a fig what other people think. For that feeling that sometimes overtakes me.
- Seeing someone small eat banana custard. Laughter and love in abundance.
Listening:
Watching:
I was lucky enough to see this live last weekend.
On my "to watch" wish list:
Round and About:
Danny taught me to make masterpieces of our mistakes....
Everyday sacred
"If you can feel that staying human is worth while, even when it can't have any result whatever, you've beaten them.”
"Air strike" does not describe the bombs that tear open human flesh.
The advent of a world where human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want, has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people.
She journals.
The Slow Work of Change
A tip on storing words.
Rock bottom on the bathroom floor
Listen let me whisper in your ear:
You list of good things makes me happy. Sometimes it is the smallest things that keep us grounded and moving forward. Actually, it is almost always the smallest things that keep us grounded and moving forward.
ReplyDeleteI had my sheets on the line today even though I knew they wouldn't dry. The smell surely must be a smell that is in heaven.
I could not get through all of I am Malala. I wanted to but it was just so sad.
Sending love to you. You are one of my most favourite bloggers. xo
Sounds like you are keeping busy and fruitful and of late having a bit more "you" and "family" time. Lovely to hear from you and I hope you can check in now and then. Big hugs. xx
ReplyDelete