
When i came home last night, our five month old grand-daughter was here and we were babysitting. Mr Stayingawake was feeling a little unwell and crabby, due to some illness lately, and early in the day he had been hit in his car by an older person called Hilda. I was late home due to working late and the traffic being mad! Our little baby girl was teething and had a bad cold. The three of us were crabby together. So we ate another easy Friday tea known around here as grill-up(in less healthy days here in the UK it was known as fry-up or a full English). A full and tubby English is often the result(see below).My healthy option involves quorn sausages, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and poached egg - if I'm feeling in need of more comfort I will have bacon and toast too. I wish I had a fancy recipe for you but I'm pooped and not going to pretend. Real life happens around here.

Out the window:
It's been a week of heavy rain and winds, Tuesday was the worst day. There were warnings about the tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo hitting the UK. I set off for work with this in my mind from training the week before...about how we all panic and have anxiety about flying, but get in a car and set off everyday; when air travel is actually safer ! I thought about getting in my car everyday and fastening my seatbelt without (much) thought or panic, as compared to when I fly....then I can be seen clutching Mr Stayingawake's hand or closing my eyes tightly, headphones on, if he is not with me. Madness! And winter is coming....tell me to "calm down and carry on" someone please!
Good things:
- Being a (step)Grandmother - baby snuggles. It is hard to let her go again..... but yes it's good too!
- Standing by your side - whispering in your ear - yes you might want to slap me away like an annoying fly....but yesterday you shook his hand.
- Birthday candles, coffins, and blood-thirsty walruses(you had to be there but believe me, little things mean a lot and appearances count for nothing).
- Focus.
- Courage to step into the unknown(yet again).
- Being allowed in.
- Simply being there.
- Emails, and a listening ear.
Reading:
Too much to read and all too interesting. Too many books, too little time. This one will be hard. Kindly lent to me in case it might help a child.
Watching:
One of the reasons I have too little time to read....
Listening:
Round and About:
Sculpture by the lakes - so want to visit here - beautiful!
Kleine-Levin Syndrome: Why the rare 'Sleeping Beauty' illness is no fairytale - Beth's story really hits home.
I have been thinking a lot about rumours, and the drama that surrounds them.
These families are just like your's with one important difference.
Road trip.
Grab your journal - there is a new moon.
The commonplace journal
You are not worthless - deal with how shiny you are by shining.
Listen let me whisper in your ear:
Thanks for sharing so many experiences.
ReplyDeleteI do not like flying. Even though flying is safer there is a better chance I am going to to out of a car accident alive than a plane crash. Oh, and I won't have to think about dying for the time it takes for the plane to hit the ground.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I hate flying.