Saturday, 18 October 2014

Late again - October Fridays 3

Reflections on my week.....inspired by :

  Timeline_Cover_doNotRename58



On the menu: 
Friday tea was stir-fry with noodles, another quick and easy meal. I love chinese and thai foods, one of my favourite places to eat out is a chinese resteraunt nearby. I like to use chop sticks. Last week was the anniversary of my China trek bringing back many happy memories of people, places and new experiences....not least the food!



Out the window: 



Autumn is being kind to us this year. So far the weather has been...cold, yes...but there have been some wonderful blue skies, the wind and the rain have stayed well away. Consequently the colour of the leaves has caught my eye on the drive to and from work. The tree in the next door garden which is viewable from our front window is not looking quite as striking. I think it might need some attention, a tree doctor maybe and definitely some cutting back as it has made the house feel quite cold and dark this summer. I remember my sister saying she couldn't live with such a monster of a tree right outside the house like that, I love it though. The fact that I can see it whilst sitting on my sofa, connects me to nature and the seasons. I can imagine we live in the middle of a forest instead of here as we do, surrounded by bricks and concrete.

Good things:
  •  Encouraging others to build bridges...it may be too late or too little or out of time or something....who knows, but we have to work with what is, unpleasant though that may be.
  • Speaking up, and letting it go....every day in a million different ways I am learning to be free.
  • More good hair days than bad ones.
  • Making connections, small step by small step.
  • Being kind to myself.
  • Having the courage to step through new doors and old ones too.
  • Family having good times.
  • Loved ones feeling better and having healing times. 
  • Learning opportunities.
Reading:

More reading for my studies. This one makes me yearn to put pen to paper myself and to write my own story, if only for my own learning and development.

Watching:

"The Lady In Red" by Certain Curtain Theatre Company at a Domestic Violence Conference this week. Here is a trailer for the play.....


And mind-numbing reality tv for a mid-week slump... The Apprentice UK is back on.


Listening:





Round and About:

THIS IS THE MOMENT FOR GIRLS
TO BE HEARD - The Girl Declaration is a call to action to put girls at the heart of the post-2015 development agenda. Let's make this the moment the world listens to girls.

 

The Good Man Project - In an abusive relationship? You need to read this.

 

Join Robert walking - at The Solitary Walker 

 

From pain to creative expression -  art as a dynamic power of now


Listen let me whisper in your ear:

2 comments:

  1. Lots to consider in your post today Jan. I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well in your world and that little by little you feel freer. That I think is a good by product of growing older if we are doing the work ;-) I love Fall too but now the heavy winds and rains have come. Hope they are gone by next week otherwise I want to stay indoors all the time. Enjoy the neighbour's tree. I happen to love trees as they beautify a place, give shelter and shade and help freshen our air. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't live in a yard without trees. I name the ones in my yard because they are like friends.

    I am having more bad hair days than good. I desperately need to get a trim!

    ReplyDelete