Saturday, 21 September 2013

International Day of Peace 2013 - Education for Peace

"On this International Day of Peace, let us pledge to teach our children the value of tolerance and mutual respect.  Let us invest in the schools and teachers that will build a fair and inclusive world that embraces diversity.  Let us fight for peace and defend it with all our might."
~
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon



 "Anyone, anywhere can celebrate Peace Day. It can be as simple as lighting a candle at noon, sitting in silent meditation, or doing a good deed for someone you do not know. Or it can involve getting your co-workers, organization, community or government engaged in a large event. The impact if millions of people in all parts of the world, coming together for one day of peace, is immense, and does make a difference.
International Day of Peace is also a Day of Ceasefire – personal or political. Take this opportunity to make peace in your own relationships as well as impact the larger conflicts of our time. Imagine what a whole Day of Ceasefire would mean to humankind.
"

Calling a ceasefire here starting today.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the rendition of the Bob Marley song and the fact there are so many around the world singing it. I always enjoy the guitar in the hands of people so gifted. I pray for peace and it's good that there is a day devoted to it. Sadly the terrorists also chose the day to kill so many innocent in Kenya. I'm going to borrow this video for my blog. Just because I like it so much :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so sad on any day Penny. Glad you liked the video, there are so many more on their youtube channel. All so great I was spoilt for choice. Now I have to find out how to help. xx

      Delete