Sunday, 15 September 2013

In a week of "Foggy brain"...... (#365 days)

In a week of "foggy brain" pictures for my 365 days 2013 project has allowed me to "see" things clearly, if only for a moment or two. How I wish that my brain could think as sharply and clearly as some of these images are. Anxiety sucks. Ego be gone. Inner critic you're fired.

It's so tiring being the "Mama". - 7th September
Our smallest cat has been looking after her larger housemate lately, as he has been scrapping much more often in the neighbourhood. If she notices that he has an injury she is on top of him licking the afflicted part, usually an ear.

While I know from experience she is such a softy, when I see those fangs, I am reminded of this scene in "The Holy Grail. "


I am once again looking to find my sense of humour as I am sure it will help. It must be there somewhere as I did manage to make a very depressed and frightened man laugh through his tears this week. My job sometimes seems so filled with the sadness and despair of other people, luckily it does have it's joyful moments too. I am very fortunate to be able to meet so many very people and have a window into their lives. They tell me their stories and sometimes that is all I can do, listen. I can offer some practical solutions of course and I do; often however, the thing they need most of all is someone to "see" them. Many of them really make me chuckle out loud. This week I have laughed with three or four of them at least. I possibly get too involved, well no possibly about it really!

I wonder how it is that I am able to do this in my job; relax and connect I mean; but find it so hard to do this with other people in my own life? Being with others socially is often quite painful for me as I can be overwhelmed with anxiety sometimes. I spend a lot of time alone.

Walking in the rain and listening to "Women who run with the wolves" via my earphones, was really grounding last Sunday. Lately time is running away so quickly and there seems no time for all I want to do. I won't be multi-tasking every time I walk however it was very soothing, probably due to Clarissa Pinkola Estes rhythmic voice and her words of "truth " that find their way into the deepest parts of me.

Purple(pink and green) rain - 8th September
Web and lavender in the evening sunlight - 9th September
Trying to recreate that "made by Dad" childhood memory - 10th September
Visiting - 11th September
World turning - 12th September
Cows in the road mean I have to slow down, in fact I have to STOP  - 13th September
How are you dear bloggers? Many people seem to be reporting a foggy brain this week. Be gentle with yourselves. 


4 comments:

  1. Lovely images, poignant words. Don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe you give of yourself so much at work that you can't do it the same way in your own life. We need balance. The work you are doing is so important. We all need to be validated and seen. Big hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Penny. It's not my job really. My work is a very practical, problem solving and fast paced to help people sort things out. However I can't seem to help myself sometimes. I sit and listen and laugh with them - not really my job.

      Delete
  2. Foggy brain. It has to be the change of the seasons. It is getting dark earlier. The sun is hiding. Whatever it is, I am experiencing it.

    Your pictures are so nice. Did you graft the pink and purple flower? The cemetery picture is beautiful. As a lover of cemeteries I really love this shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the photos. Thank you. It seems to be lifting now. xx

      Delete