Monday, 7 January 2013

A laugh(or several) a day......keeps the doctor away.

"What you are is what you have been, and what you will be is what you do now."
- Buddha

Back to work with a vengeance today, I went back last Thursday but today I really needed to stay strong and to keep my balance. As the days go by I will need to find ways to stay centred and peaceful as get further away from the days of rest and reflection. and further sucked into the busyness of work again. I am doing a course also for work and am massively behind!

So I remembered that quote about laughing out loud and keeping my sense of humour, and decided to start the day with watching this clip from The Royle Family Christmas Special. Despite the series running for years now, and having watched numerous Christmas Special's the writers of this series never seem to fail to have me howling. In fact it was the best programme on the TV this Christmas(thankfully I had plenty of reading, journaling and arting to do instead!).


I am ending the day by watching Miranda - here is a clip for your delight from Series 2.


"The important thing is for each of us to have some freedom in our heart, some stability in our heart, some peace in our heart. Only then will we be able to relieve the suffering around us."
- Thich Nhat Nanh

4 comments:

  1. I've never really 'got' the Royle Family, and Miranda leaves me a bit cold sometimes too. I think there's too much emphasis these days on the negativity from her mum (And it brings back bad memories for me. I can't laugh about my mother yet.)

    There are things on TV that make me laugh but they tend to be one-offs and I never remember what they were. I clearly remember laughing till I cried a couple of nights ago but I can't remember what it was about!

    It's interesting to know what makes other people laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find such a lot of different humour funny but don't laugh enough. Or smile for that matter. Things are changing around here.

      I agree about parts of Miranda being painful especially with regard to the put downs from her Mother. Other parts however make me lol.

      It is the same with the Royle family, parts of it are unfunny and quite sad too(I have cried at it before now), and then parts make me roar. Clever writing though.

      Delete
  2. I was given a box set of 'Miranda' for Christmas by the nearby grandchildren. It was because I had said that I like Miranda(the actress)in 'Call the Midwife'. I've never seen her work as a comedian or in a sit com. However, I like her because she doesn't take herself too seriously when she's interviewed and I think she's a good actress. I know I take life too seriously. There are not many sit coms that have been made recently that make me laugh. I shall be watching 'Miranda' when our grand daughter comes round to stay...






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to share it with your grand daughter Linda. x

      Delete