After some searching around in the workshop, Sue found my panel on the top of a shelf. Needless to say, it needed dusting off as it was covered. Strangely after all this time, my view of the finished article seems to have changed. I feel less critical of the outcome now, and quite proud of my work.
At the time I completed it , I never wanted to see another stained glass making project again! I recall getting quite impatient with the time it was taking me to complete. Blood was drawn once or twice, and getting the lead and glass to fit was a battle and a half! Now, I feel that maybe I could have another stab (ha ha) at making something else. This time I would keep the design a lot more traditional and geometric; and I would listen to the instructor more(even though he was the sort of teacher who likes to let students learn through experience).
So here it is at last! The finished piece of Stained Glass made my me! The photo is also going to be for day 18 of the August Break.
![]() |
| Stained Glass by me - 18th August 2012 |
![]() |
| Looking through - 18th August 2012 |
Our teacher was adorable. A really creative, messy, absent minded, arty type, who could never find any of his tools in his very untidy workshop. He was a little bit vague about how we should proceed and not suited to all learning styles. However for me he was a good person to learn with, as he wasn't at all directive, didn't interfere unless you wanted him too, and let me charge on with my design and learn by doing! Though I wanted to give up, I did persevere and in the end am very pleased with both what I learned about myself through the process and the finished piece.
If any of you are thinking of giving this experience a go, I would definitely recommend it.


I'm so glad to hear that whatever shadow was over your head since April, is now gone.
ReplyDeleteI was also delighted to see your beautiful stained glass. That is awesome!
oh Jan, you made that? That is so awesome... so beautiful and artistic... LOVE IT... well done...I took stained glass at school once and we painted two panels for our high school... I love stained glass... I am so impressed Jan...
ReplyDeleteA beautiful piece of work — well done!
ReplyDeleteIt's quite beautiful.
ReplyDelete