"Footfalls echo in the memory, down the passage which we did not take, towards the door we never opened, into the rose garden. My words echo thus in your mind."
- T.S. Elliot
Day 19 - Wooden
Day 20 - I love
Day 20 - I love.
Day 20 - I love.
Day 21 - Monochrome
Day 22 - Brave
"There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.
But sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of everyday, the slow walk towards a better life.
That is the sort of bravery I must have now."
- Veronica Roth
"I learned that Courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is no he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
- Nelson Mandela
Day 23 - A sign.
"The Rowan tree has a long, sacred history. Since ancient times people have been planting a Rowan beside their home as in Celtic mythology it's known as the Tree of Life and symbolises courage, wisdom and protection."
All around the area where I was walking on this afternoon I came across the bright red berries of the Rowan Tree, which was my favourite tree from childhood. The Rowan tree is said to bring cheer, nourishment, courage, protection and wisdom.
Day 23 - A sign.
Day 23 - A sign
Day 23 - A sign.
Day 23 - A Sign.
Day 23 - A sign.
So many signs on this day, too many to post! I love exploring a new place and so having a few days to do this on my annual leave it amazing. I saw lots of signs telling all about the history of the area, which I will hopefully post about another day, but also this Amnesty International candle sign reminding me of who I am and what I believe in. It's more than ever a time to reconnect with that part of me and to take action.
No comments:
Post a Comment