For my mother, who still watches me grow, explore, write and dance through the ordinary life.
Saturday, 29 May 2021
Singalong a Saturday.... today it's with the birds and the sea and the seals.
Earier this week in a tiny garden over in Northumberland on Holy Island. It was a joy to hear and watch the birds, that enjoy the quiet of the Island, so are heard singing all day long and in a great choir it seemed. It was just perfect for me to be able to go down to the sea in the evening and to listen to the seals calling and the sound of the sea and the elements. Back home I am lucky to have the sea nearby and to be able to sit in my own garden, but there is something wilder about that area of the coast that i love. It is good to be able to travel within the UK again.
Labels:
birds,
holy island,
pause,
sanctuary,
sea,
seals,
singalong Saturday,
videos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wake up to the sound of the birds singing at dawn too and usually take a walk around our garden early morning. It's good to see a corner of yours. Living by the sea must be wonderful especially being able to walk in a quiet area where you can see seals and listen to the sound of the waves. I hope you have a restful weekend Jan and a good week ahead.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit Linda, and the good wishes for the weekend and week ahead. Sadly this isn't my garden and though I live by the sea no seals here. I took these two videos earlier this week when I was away for a few days on the opposite coast up in the North East. Still I love living by the sea and am lucky enough to have a garden too.
DeleteI will add some text to the post to highlight this is not where I live!
They're good video clips all the same Jan. I did wonder briefly about where you took them. They'll bring back memories of your time up on the North East coast. All the best!
Delete