Saturday, 29 December 2018

Checking in to send some love and light to you all in blogland

Hello my friends. I'm so sorry I've not been here for so long, nor have I been visiting your blogs. I've been busy working in my new job role, and having the two eye operations has meant that I have been struggling to read and to have the energy to be online so much. My job means I am on screen a lot and driving which does not leave much eye energy left for online pursuits in my leisure time.

I have really missed this place and you all and I'm here sending some love and light today.

I'm hoping you have all had a lovely Christmas and are in good health; and wish you every good blessing for the New Year.

Here are some photos from my beautiful and busy December....

December Reflections Day 1 - Morning light - a new day. My best friend bought me this star. (That is me.)
Day 11 - Blue. Busy busy December.
Day 2 - Today....I climbed to the summit.
December 2nd Winter Walk.


Day 3 - Orange.
Day 3 - Winter berries.
Day 4 - Best decision of 2018....my eye operations. Seeing the sky, moon and venus plus seagulls...just amazing.
Day 14 - Sunset....2018 taught me to live as though every day was my last.
Day 18 - I said hello to.....
Day 20 - I said goodbye to.....so much.
Day 20 - I said goodbye to.....farewell not goodbye.
December 20th - Christmas is almost here.
20th December  - Belfast Christmas Markets.
Day 19 - Secret.....location for our stay.


December 21st - toy shopping.




Day 24 - Traditions, new and old....my sister made me this gift for Christmas this year.
Day 24 - traditions......we always go to the carol service, this year there was a Christmas Tree festival in the church.



Christmas Eve lights.
Day 26 - Remembering..... I am enough and I am so blessed.

So many people have been there during this very dark time for me....thank you for being there.


This year has been so very full of so much feeling. There is too much to record in one blog post. I've felt so connected to so much this year, and at the same time so alone. During this year one of my favourite poets Lemn Sissay has been continuing to inspire and move me. A few weeks ago his TV programme Superkids about young people in the care system, really hit the headlines and brought to people's attention the experience of children taken into care by Social Care. The young people wrote poems about their experiences and it was very humbling indeed to hear how much they had been through at such a young age.

  Here is a poem from Lemn "Gold from the Stone." 




Happy New Year to all of you in Blogland.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, welcome back to blog land. I have missed you! Through all your beautiful photos, it looks like you had a very busy December and that you enjoyed Christmas with your sister. I pray that 2019 will be a banner year for you and you will feel yourself once more or an even better version of yourself. Hugs and blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny. Hugs and blessings back to you.

      Delete