Sunday, 2 September 2018

August Break 2018 Days 13 - 23

It's September already. Here I am still processing August so here are some more of my photos from August Break 2018. I am going to miss taking and/or taking a photo everyday. I might need a 365 photo project next! In fact that might be a really good idea to help me keep looking for the good in my life as I go into this new chapter. It could be my new gratitude practice. I love taking photographs and marking the days. So that's decided then.

Day 13 - Last Year. I started a new job and worked with an amazing animal loving lady who kept an eye on this baby seagull and their sibling when they fell out of the nest.
Day 14 - Love. I am so lucky to have such a beautiful family and some good friends.
Day 15 - Cat. Getting cuddles from his Nana who said " You are the most cuddly cat I have ever known."
Day 16 - Longing. While I was grateful for our health service and the lovely staff, I was longing for a good recovery and to get back to normal. Not a very patient patient.
Day 17 - Real life. Back to work. My work mobile keeps ringing!
Day 18 - Younger Me.
"Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."
Max Ehrmann.
Day 19 - Makes me laugh. My good friend of 32 years.
Day 20 - Dog. This cat guards the catflap and lies across the kitchen doorway watching any cooking activity, just like this lovely dog used to do. Jake was a diamond. He came to us at 7 years young from a rescue centre where he had been for 18 months. He was happy living with us for us for his last few years despite his sore back. We often said that he had come back to us in another body in the form of our cat Stan.
Day 21 - I could never.....have imagined back then how life would change as it has.
Day 22 - Hands. Today a child took my hand and on saying goodbye high fived me, our hands clapping together in a promise and in hope.
Day 23 - Hope.


4 comments:

  1. I love Desiderata. So simple.

    What a cute baby seagull! I wonder if it will stay tame to those she/he knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so beautiful too.

      The seagull and the animal loving colleague are now long gone. This was a week or two last year before the babies learned to fly.

      Delete
  2. I like the advise you gave here. I agree that when we are fatigued we worry and are afraid. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      That quote is from the poem Desiderata, do you know it? It is good advice. I am trying to remember this on the bad days. Thanks for commenting and visiting.

      Delete