Monday, 27 August 2018

August Break 2018 - Days 1 -12.


Wow! It's almost September already. I've been playing along with the August Break on instragram just for my own record of a month that has turned out to be the start of a new life for me.

As I hinted at last time I wrote here in May, life was looking like it was about to change in a way I had never imagined. And so it has. Over the space of two months, during June and July, my world felt as if it was falling apart when my long term relationship ended in quite a difficult way.

During August I have also been dealing with having an operation on my eye, however I am now feeling more recovered. Enough to start this post yesterday, and decide whether to openly share what has been happening. 

As I was writing here yesterday, I could feel the tears prickling at the back of my eyes, I was feeling very sorry for myself at the thought of posting my personal life issues here. Today I wondered whether to delete the personal information, but have decided just to go ahead and post as I had originally intended to yesterday.

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm looking for myself again and blogging was what has helped me in the past. There is no way I could post here and not share this, just to continue as if everything was just the same as normal, I just couldn't. It may be time to stop blogging in this space and start a new blog, but for now I am still here.

My photos during this year's August Break have therefore been a lifeline, something to focus on and a way of processing what has happened, and how I will go forward into my future. People have said how strong I have been during all this, and I really think I have been. After all I have my health and lots of good people in my life, I couldn't have done it without them and all the experiences that have led me to this point. These have made me who I am today, warts and all. Anyway here are some of my photos from this year's challenge.

Day 1 - Morning Light
Day 2 - Ground; and Day 3 - Skin
Day 4 - Bookshelf
Day 5 - Crush. Love this man's talent for song writing, and his politics.
Day 6 - Spacious. I've started Pilates in this studio space. Spacious inside and out.
"Connect with your inner self ....once you are truly at this infinite inner place, your true home, you will be at home anywhere with anyone. A place where INFINITE possibility exists." 
- Angie Karan

Day 7 - Five things about me. I love to look up at the sky. I find it hard to choose just five. I love walking in nature, trees, mountains, books, music, art galleries, travel, coffee shop stops, writing and creating, learning and growing, imagining possibilities and pushing the limits, society and politics, breaking the rules. I find it hard to make decisions.
Day 8 - Sky. 
 "You are the sky, everything else is the weather."

- Pema Chodron.

Day 9 - Happiness is...capturing a great photograph like this even though it was by accident. Freedon, music, a bike ride through the busy rush hour traffic, being young or young at heart, a milkshake with a young person in need of someone to talk to, a relaxing meal with friends at a vegan eatery with a Sicilian waiter and Italian music.
Day 10 - My new walking boots all ready for the weekend.
Day 11 - Action. After a lull back to the garden clearing.

Day 12 - Raw.



4 comments:

  1. Jan, I'm very sorry about the relationship breakdown. I'm sure it was and is very traumatic. I have to say though that though we've never met I've been reading your blog for quite some time and I feel your strength shining through this post despite the loss and grief. I pray you will continue to find joy and happiness in each day until the hurt becomes no more. Hugs from far. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny. Life is good and I am strong. x

      Delete
  2. It is hard to post about things when you are still trying to understand them yourself. I know you don’t want sympathy but I am sending lots of love. Take my hand and hold on until you right yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Your hand is grabbed. x

    ReplyDelete