Sunday, 2 August 2015

Breakfast in the car. Day one - Augustbreak2015

 

Yay! It's August Break time again.

Love this event each summer, and this year it's a chance to reconnect with my blog and to take stock of the days.

Starting this year with a cheat. This photo was not taken today, but illustrates how on many of my work days I continue my breakfast in the car with a skinny latte. A sort of extended breakfast that helps on those days when it feels difficult finding the motivation.

Day One - Breakfast

Not so many of these mornings, these days I'm glad to say but some days I'm sooooo tired. It's a long commute to my new workplace and some days it feels hard enough just getting myself out of bed.

So I don't buy a coffee every day but realise that with better planning I could save my pennies for something more worthwhile.

Old habits die hard however!

My life seems to be tied into a certain way of being linked to my relationship with the day job.

Even as my work changes, this certain way of being stays with me, however much I try to change things!

I find myself putting my all into my work leaving little time for self-care and "flying by the seat of my pants" into my next challenge....coffee in one hand and a laptop or notepad in the other. So many miles on the clock and still not arriving.

This time however I think maybe I might be as close as it gets to arriving. Maybe. Hopefully.

All depending on how well I can balance. Time to stop juggling and simply surviving.

Time to begin thriving. August 2015 is the time to get my balance on.

2 comments:

  1. I've finally worked out (after many, many years) that just when you think you've arrived you see more road ahead. I'm currently working on "traveling hopefully".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting a photo a day with some reflections is a good blogging project. I've just started taking one or two photos since the end of July, mainly as a memory jogger of what I've been doing each day as life gets busy in the Summer - and I'm retired! I don't seem to be able to keep up a journal with long entries. I hope you're able to balance aspects of your life when work and travelling is a large part of it.

    ReplyDelete