I am noticing that I always find this time of year exhausting. The few weeks after the clocks go back and up to Christmas seem to really take it out of me. I have been sliding back into bad habits and not looking after myself which is always a danger. Work is totally swamping me and I need a week or two to rest up a while. Not to worry, it will come and I am taking steps to make sure I stay healthy.
Like many of us, I have been thinking this week about the people in The Phillippines. I am sure we all felt overwhelmed when
This young woman was shown on the T.V news asking "We are so very hungry and thirsty....that's why we are here.... so if you have water or food there maybe you can give us."
Giving money is all we can do.
 |
| Pausing to wonder at the glorious blue sky and at human creativity in my lunch break. - 4th November |
 |
| I'm thinking of having a new car. Another long journey to make today so hope I am back before dark. - 5th November |
 |
| I need to drink more water and have more early nights. Feeling pretty meh today. - 6th November |
 |
| Saw this today when I was out and about and needed to visit the smallest room. Decided that we need some clarity around here about house rules for our family lodgers. Enough is enough. - 7th November |
 |
| Work took me to a town where I used to live. Autumn colours were really striking there. I couldn't take the photographs I wanted as I was too busy to stop. So this leaf and the wet grass will serve as a reminder. - 8th November |
.JPG) |
| My first 40 days. #100 days - 9th November |
 |
| Making space for a walk in the dark. There may be lights but it's dark out here. - 10th November |
Interesting set of photos! Thank goodness for all those lights on your walk. I often think about how much darkness we would be in if there were no lights in the city. Our lives would be so different. I'm happy for the lights for the freedom it brings though I realize it takes so much power.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad about the Phillipines. So much devastation. Thank God for the people who help.
I understand what you mean about this time of year not being your most energetic time. It is a tiring time of year for me too. Keep well. Hugs. xx
Sorry you're feeling so tired. I hope you can make the changes you know will help you stay healthy and able to cope with your workload etc. Take care, Jan.
ReplyDelete