Saturday, 20 July 2013

Singalonga Saturday: from "City of Angels"

"When someone tells you the truth, lets you think for yourself, experience your own emotions, he is treating you as a true equal - as a friend." 
- Whitney Otto

My blogging is getting a little lazy lately. I'm sharing lots of music videos and my #365 days photographs. It's hot and my brain seems only able to just about cope with work issues. The heat is lovely and I want it to last forever. Our house is full of young twenty somethings and I am finding the lack of privacy and space difficult. Mr S is having some work issues again, whereas I have a fantastic opportunity coming up (most likely). There is so much going on right now, most of it challenging in some way(even positive ways), and I am really trying(and often failing) to have a positive attitude towards it all. When there is so much that is positive on offer to me, within the challenge, why is it that I feel like packing up my bags and walking out of my life?

I miss a true friendship of equals. It seems a long time ago since I experienced that. 



6 comments:

  1. I find I also need a lot of space and privacy as well as quiet time to feel balanced and grounded and to keep from feeling overwhelmed. If you also like a lot of space and privacy and you don't have it, it is only natural that you feel like running away. It seems life is so very stressful for everyone these days. Even positive things can be stressful when you don't get enough time to "regroup" and when you're loved ones are going through trying times. I hope that you can find some solitude and regeneration through your walks, reading, and art. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny. I am not having much time to do anything much at the moment but I am sure if I make a little more effort I can do so. Glad you understand. xx

      Delete
  2. A good song! I hope you get some quiet soon. I wouldn't run away, life always follows. Might as well stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. Life always follows and it's not so bad really. x Thank you and glad you like the song.

      Delete
  3. You've not been around much this last couple of weeks. I hope all's well. I'm blaming the weather for my variable temper and mood. I'm constantly crabby and want to throw things. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AJ. Just trying to catch up with blogs. Yes I blame the weather too. Constantly tired and badtempered. You too. x

      Delete