Sunday, 30 September 2012

Thank yous, hope, love and job hunting.

First let me say another big thank you for all of you who left comments on my blog post last week. I'm sorry I've not had much time or energy to email a reply. I've been all out at work this week as I've been getting ready for a week off work. I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate you being there so many times lately. If I could spend all of my time inside my internet world, that would please me greatly at the moment. However we can't escape reality can we? If I was honest I wouldn't really want to. But that is another story.

What has been happening this week?

I've been thinking about having less income. This didn't stop me putting more money than I could afford into the fire fighter's charity bucket after they cleaned my car last Saturday. Birds had had a pooping party above my car the day before(don't they say that's lucky to have a bird poop on you?). Surely that means that our luck is going to change soon?

These guys were collecting for the Fire Fighter's Welfare Fund. I was about to drive past, but my window was opened and they shouted at me that my car really needed a clean. Thank you birdie friends. These guys and the children they had helping them really made me smile on a not so wonderful week.


The week at work has been full of ups and downs. Trying to help people to take charge of their lives, whilst at the same time trying to help them avoid becoming homeless is sometimes hard. I often struggle with the system and how it has left our society. I struggle with those who, because of the way the system works, have to say no. I'm not good at saying no myself. I often find myself fighting someone's corner, when maybe I ought to just walk away and shrug my shoulders. On Tuesday I was on a stairwell trying to get hold of someone who needs help to get her new flat paid for. Her new flat is on the fourth floor of a very dreary house and next door to this.....


Mr Stayingawake is finding it hard to be unemployed, after working his whole life since age sixteen. Everyday I come home and he tells me which jobs he has applied for. He feels bad that he is not bringing any money in. I tell him it has only been a week and I love him and I know that he will find something. These photos show how his days are filled just now.


He went to the Job Centre last week and was given this booklet which I remember from last year when I was made redundant. Although I took it all in my stride, and knew I would find something else when I was ready, it was still a difficult process to go through. For him it will be harder, as I know how he is struggling already.


He feels so helpless.


And is so determined at this early stage.


I hope that he will find something soon. It hurts seeing him struggling so. Listening to this, new to me song today. It seems to sum up how good it would feel just to escape from reality for a while. Me and Mr Stayingawake.


4 comments:

  1. Wow I am blown away by your spirit and Mr. Stayingawake's as well. You inspire me... you never give up and your ongoing struggles never stops you from lending a helpful hand or digging into your pocket to support good causes... you are sunshine... keep your chin up as there is NO Way this life will ever not send you a ray of hope since you are amazing giving people yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope some good things come your way soon. Unemployment is a rough one...we've had to deal with that before and I hope we never have to again. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're in a position of working with people in need of help. It's apparent that you care about what happens to these people, and too often that isn't the case.

    I hope your man finds exactly what he's looking for, and if it takes a little while... then I hope you both are excited by how much the wait was worth the result.

    I am taken away by the song you shared. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're in a position of working with people in need of help. It's apparent that you care about what happens to these people, and too often that isn't the case.

    I hope your man finds exactly what he's looking for, and if it takes a little while... then I hope you both are excited by how much the wait was worth the result.

    I am taken away by the song you shared. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete