Thursday, 15 December 2011

Some of the voices, and events that were music to my ears in 2011

What was music to your ears in 2011, literally or metaphorically?

Steve Coogan dealing with a Tabloid journalist during the phone hacking scandal earlier this year. Not exactly soothing to listen to, but it really was music to my ears! 


Then Billy Bragg singing his response to the phone hacking scandal the day after the story broke. As a big fan of Billy in earlier times, this quick writing and performing of "Never Buy the Sun" was bitter sweet music to my ears in 2011.


The announcement that the Dale Farm eviction had been granted a reprieve..... sadly the situation did end very badly, but for that morning it was good news; and like the traveller lady speaking here, my hopes were raised that in the end, this eviction would not take place.


This......


And this.......
And this.....
And this.

So many voices and events. Too many to remember here. A note to myself to listen carefully in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I stayed out of the press question. I'm an ex journalist and I think there's wrong on both sides.

    But I'm with you on the bottom four.

    ReplyDelete