| Full Moon - September 12th 2011 |
A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
As a teacher I continued to be lucky enough to join in with the harvest assemblies. This year although I won't be at a harvest gathering, I have again been lucky enough to have enjoyed the "fruits" of Mr Stayingawake's gardening and allotmenting efforts. I have also been able to share some of this early harvest with others, which has probably been the best part of it all.
Maybe I will have to slip into a Harvest Festival this year after all, just to listen to the singing if nothing else! One of my favourite more modern Harvest time children's songs......
On this occasion of the Harvest Full Moon I made another Vision Board, keeping in mind the idea of gathering or harvesting, from the lessons I've learned over the past 6 months.
Maturity is the ability to reap without apology and not complain when things don't go well.
| Full Moon Vision Board |
"Maturity is that time when the mirrors in our mind turn to windows and instead of seeing the reflection of ourselves we see others."
I am still doing some reflecting and reading, and now I also need to make some time for journalling and to keep my "green light" central in my sights. I am still learning how to move on from old ways of being. There has been much progress made, some set backs as you would expect, and masses of new learning. The green light is my go signal. There has been too much "getting ready", and too much "striving" to be perfect or thereabouts, and these things have interferred with my being and my doing. It is time to simply..."go girl" and to "be girl"...with more focused and deliberate doing. The time is now.- Unknown
As much of my online reading is suggesting, this is a time to celebrate hard work and achievements; to take some time to be still; to appreciate the gifts from the universe; to ponder my place in it; and to savour the deep pleasure and mystery of this wonderful universe and it's creativity.
Honor the harvest moon by acknowledging the lessons you’ve mastered, intentions brought to fruition, and personal work you’ve accomplished without judgment.
(from newmoonmanifesting )
There is pressure calling for you to stop and pay attention to what is happening around you instead of moving without noticing anything except what you think is going on. Things are a bit surreal putting you in a position of establishing reality when it appears there is a lack of it all around you. From this point on for the next two weeks while the lunar cycle wanes suits the process of cleansing and releasing what you have more clearly seen that no longer needs to be in your life.
Just one short pause on the journey. The next phase is beginning and with the releasing of what is no longer needed in my life, it becomes clear again what this next phase is all about.( from lifencompass )
I hope that you are enjoying the beginning of Autumn, or indeed the beginning of Spring, for those just coming out of the Winter months. Thinking of those of you who have been affected by the turbulent weather in the past months and hoping that whatever season you are passing through is kind to you.
I've always loved the time of harvest. When I was young, we did like you by having vegetables and gourds in a cone shaped basket at the front of church, rather than school. I always enjoyed that and also the fullness of the moon at this time of year. Here we have had a wonderful summer and a lingering one. Now I sense a change is in the air. Rain is on the way as we move into Fall (one of my favourite seasons). Enjoy your harvest and the rest and being that comes afterward.
ReplyDeleteI'm more of a spring girl. I love the first stirrings of snowdrops through the cold soil and the flash of yellow as the first daffodil unfurls. But I can see a beauty in this time of year. It's just that it tends to slow me down, rather than energise me.
ReplyDeleteeach season is a new life. fall holds me in a stillness that i revere. the bounty is huge and real, like the taste of turnips, like an armload of wood dropped to the floor.
ReplyDeletexo
erin
Absolutely - love each season for it's own beauty Erin.
ReplyDeleteAJ love the snowdrops too and the daffodils in springtime.
Penny, hoping your fall is not so wet and that you get plenty of those bright blue skies that go so well with the chill in the air and the leaves turning.
I love Fall. It is a time for me to slow down, relax and think about life. Time for hot stews and warm blankets. Nature even stops and shows up more beauty than I can take in. My favourite time of the year.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to read your moon post. I am always looking for new perspecives and information about the moon.
ReplyDeleteThough it's hard to feel the real touch of Fall here in southern Florida, I well remember harvest time as a time of great celebration from my life in Israel.
I love the John Rohn quote.
Your written thoughts: From this point on for the next two weeks while the lunar cycle wanes suits the process of cleansing and releasing what you have more clearly seen that no longer needs to be in your life. This really resonates with me. The cleansing and releasing aspect gifted me with "noticing" this important and necessary pruning process that helps us maintain a larger measure of clarity and to make room for a new and deeper understanding of ourselves. Quite profound, Jan.
ALSO - I love your vision board. This is the only one I've seen. Do you more someplace on your blog? Looking at it lit a lightbulb in my head. It would also be a way to work out any kind of "piece" that needs sorting out. I'm going to try it.
Oh I'd better fess up here Paula. The words in italics are quotes and I did not mention the authors. Will add the links in. I always link to writing I use in my posts that are not mine, this was an oversight on my part and is unusual. Apologies.
ReplyDeleteAs for the vision board. I think I did one other which is amongst one of my ICAD posts. Jamie Ridler does a linky thing every month on her blog, so you can see examples of other people's there.