Just a quick hop around the blog today.
Here are some photographs I took of wild rabbits at play, or probably at bunny work, looking for food and doing other important bunny things.
| Marazion Marsh Nature Reserve April 2010 |
And now for a short bunny intermission:
| Storm Coming - August 2010 |
I do understand that sometimes pet owners can find their circumstances have changed and they can nolonger look after their animals. Only a few days ago I happened to overhear a woman on the telephone about her housing benefit having been stopped, she was also mentioning her sick dog who she couldn't get treated by the RSPA due to some issue with her address or benefits or something. During my work I often came across families being evicted from their homes, and witnessed colleagues doing everything they could to find places for the animals from these families.
Earlier this month the news featured the RSPCA's PetRetreat which is a fostering service for animals belonging to families going into refuge after fleeing Domestic Abuse. The news feature focused on the shortage of foster carers for animals, there are currently only 80 carers in England and Wales, and appealed for more people to volunteer to help. There is also a donation button on the appeal page if you feel like hopping over there this Easter weekend.
Hi Jan... first let me thank you for following my blog... and second... what a cool post... I never knew people who take in animals would do such a thing as get rid of them once the novelty of having a pet dies... how could someone do this to a living thing? I mean you cannot do it to a human being so why animals? your post was an eye opener... loved the pictures... Happy Easter!
ReplyDelete