Sunday, 9 January 2011

Look more Pebbles! Simple and Beautiful.

Yesterday I blogged about how I was going to stop gathering so much, but I just had to share this meditation I found.

It is the last of the gatherings for my daily practice and a tool to help me become more mindful. It fits so well with the three difficulties practice and my vow to meditate daily. I need a simple structure and will easily have time for this each morning. It's such a beautiful and simple reminder of how to stay present with the difficult moments in everyday life. It also examines the depths of what is within.

Pebble For Your Pocket
by Thich Nhat Hanh

Available on the DVD -"Mindful Living Every Day."



Another simple tool, I want to make a part of my daily practice, is one I have used in the past.

About three years ago, I attended a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course based on the one originally developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. I used the sitting meditation and the body scan, as well as the yoga.


So I am now returning to this, just starting with the sitting meditation and perhaps alternating with The Body Scan, each day during January and February. Each evening when I get home from work I will just take twenty minutes.

It's time to be still a while and listen. To find the peace and the space within me.

2 comments:

  1. Great resources Jan! I love Jon Kabat-Zinn and Thich Nhat Hahn! They both have so much to teach us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan - thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
    I can understand your desire to learn Mandarin.
    I have many Chinese friends in this area. I met them through a church group for overseas families from the Far East living and working here for a while. I correspond (in English) by email with a lovely friend who has returned to Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete