Monday, 18 April 2022

Easter Weekend at home - it's April time again - April Love time.

 I'm stuck at home with COVID at the moment. Luckily I have not been too unwell, so have really enjoyed having some down time from work and social commitments.

 It is really so true when they say that sometimes the universe will stop you in your tracks if you do not listen to what is whispering to you. I have been so very busy at work since January, and before too. I have been really feeling stressed and exhausted and overwhelmed at work. I have not been myself for a couple of months now. 

I kept telling myself, just another week and get this and that sorted out, then I can rest. It seemed endless but I actually did get the most important things sorted out before I started to get ill with COVID. I would have just continued if I had not been ill. Instead I have been taking a break for the last week. On good days I have been busy cleaning the house or gardening, but mostly just resting and contemplating life which is very much needed.

I'd started enjoying Susannah Conway's April Love photo challenge already. I do love playing along and so here are some of the first few week's photos. It always helps me pause and reflect on how privileged I am in life. Despite my feelings of shame sometimes, and this stuckness I always feel with my work-life-balance, I do appreciate where I find myself in life and all that I have experienced on my journey. 

Day 1 - Blue 

Day 2 - Yellow

Day 3 - Flowers

Day 7 - Pattern

Day 7 - Pattern

Day 8 - Inspiring Words 

Day 8 - Inspiring Words

Day 8 - Inspiring Words

Day 8 - Inspiring Words

Day 8 - Inspiring Words 

I hope that you are having a lovely restful Easter time wherever you are, and that you remain in good health. My thoughts are never far away from those in the world who are struggling with war or poverty and sickness so it was really helpful to listen to this Tara Brach meditation reminding me that my small actions each day to Choose to Love will have an impact in the world. Like a butterflies small wings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment