Saturday, 11 December 2021

Sing a long a Saturday - Reflections on "Home to you"


 

What a lovely song and her voice is so beautiful isn't it? 

I think this song is about young adult children coming home and always having a home to come back to to check in with themselves and to feel grounded with their family. 

It is so lovely, and I know that is what is feels like for me with my second Mum. Even now when I am 58. Of course she cannot ever give me what I seek, only I can do that. However it is heartwarming and I am grateful for that ever open door. 

It makes me think of those who don't have this. 

The young people leaving Care or the homeless or those estranged from their family or where the relationships are toxic. I keep them in mind as I give thanks for having this second chance when my own Mum died and my family were broken up and my home was suddenly not there. 

I have not always been able to see how lucky I have been, only feeling the loss of my Mum and the Mum shaped hole that was left inside. For many years I felt only the lack of who I was and what had been taken way. I am so appreciative of my life and the abundance around me in the world now. It is no good wishing I had been at this point years ago.... this has been my journey. It is what I do each present moment now that counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment