Sunday, 27 January 2019

Let's talk about the weather, look at the full moon, laugh and read poetry.

So how has your January been?

I'm happy in January and can't believe we are heading to February already.

What does the year ahead hold for you? I am wondering what it holds for me too. Mostly I am ready for anything, and then there are the days when anxiety hits and I know I really SHOULD be making some decisions. If we could stay in January just a little bit longer and I wasn't so busy all of the time, maybe I might get a clearer picture of what to do next.

So I remain here in January today treading water until I find the answers to my questions about the future.

Like the weather, things can only get better.

In the garden one morning last week.
Snow, frost and freezing fog forcast today.
Oh hang on a minute, it's still mid-winter and we've February to go yet, last year we had snow through February. I do love the snow but not the ice or fog as I do so much driving for work.

The wind has been very fierce today and so I cancelled my walk. I would have had to drive an hour away to meet up with the other walkers, and to be honest it is just too cold for me to venture out very far. Instead I plan to go for a swim, use the gym and then sit in the steam room and breath, getting ready for the week ahead. I also need to do a bit of food shopping, as I need some lentils and one or two other bits. I've been making a vegetable stew every Sunday which is really tasty and warming, it also does at least two other meals during the week.


This is very much me right now, taking life a day at a time or trying to. I am making plans, sometimes too many; but the big decisions have been put off until the end of March at the latest. Did you see the super wolf blood moon last Monday? There was a lunar eclipse also but we couldn't see it here due to the fog and clouds. The astrologist warned not to make any decisions around the eclipse for about a week either side. That is great for me as it gives me the excuse I need to continue as I am for a little while longer, and I can extend this period of stillness, just to be safe, can't I? (insert winking smiley face here)

Full Moon commeth - 20th January 2019
The clouds look like a hand with fingers poised to capture the moon.
Full Moon through the trees 20th January 2019
A hand cupping the moon ever so gently.
So I thought today I would talk about the weather, as I didn't feel I had the energy to create a post of any interest. There is so much going on right now in the world, here in the UK, we are fed up of Brexit. We are more than fed up, we are angry and people feel worried about the future. There is a lot of division still and the country needs to heal.

I thought this was a funny video....."Big Theresa's been on the phone and she wants my Netflix sign in." (insert laughing emoji). You have to laugh it is all so frustrating!


I am going to do another post about January's news.....I'm so angry for the government workers in USA.

For now I will say good day and tootle off on my way, there is lots to do and so little time to do it in.

Before I go I just wanted to give a little nod to the poet Mary Oliver who sadly died on January 17th, whom I learned about quite late in my life thanks to the wonders of the internet, and who's poetry I have often mentioned here on my blog. Thank you for your beautiful poetry Mary. I look forward to reading more of it and allowing it to help me continue to create my beautiful life.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to the poetry of Mary Oliver, Jan. Yesterday I asked our library book group leader if we had any volumes of her work on the shelf. There wasn't one, but she said if I made a request the library would get a copy. She has started a weekly poetry group in our local library and I might go along and see what it's like. It'll be a social occasion too. I like to listen and learn rather than talk. Sorry you couldn't get to the walking group, but it's not so good when the weather is cold. The swim and gym sounds like a good alternative. Everything is so uncertain. I'm anxious for my husband and our life style. He has been here in the UK since he was 19 years old before we joined the European Common Market. It feels as if we're going back to those old days when he was treated as an economic migrant here on a domestic visa. As a consequence I know what it's like to be different, to have to work hard to fit in even if we say we're a multicultural society here. There's a lot of prejudice and suspicion regarding anyone who is different. I like your moon photos. They're so clear. Take care Jan and I hope you stay safe especially when driving in foggy and icy conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda, it really must feel very frightening for those people who have been living in the UK all those years and have made a life here, I can't imagine. When all the news was full of Windrush it made me so mad that people are being treated in this way. The far right continue to get a foothold in this country and the government have been feeding into fear of the immigrant or migrant population. I keep hearing "we are only a small island" as though we are being swamped it is horrible fearmongering and can't help but remind us of the situation in Germany before the Second World War. I get frustrated with the lack of understanding of politics and history leading to people blaming their neighbours and seeing them as "other". Anyway, I do hope the become clearer for you and your husband so you can enjoy life and not feel so worried. Enjoy your poetry group too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I dropped by to read your A to Z Challenge posts but found this really interesting instead. Some beautiful images on this post. Took me back to winter. Was nice to read about January while I’m sitting in the warm spring sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to say. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hope I will be writing blogs again soon. Jan x

      Delete